M43 Cap Skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Cap Skull

What's everybody's opinion of this? I think it's repro but I'm very new to collecting so some help would be very much appreciated. It looks white in this photo but actualy it's very metalic/silvery..

Better photo..

Comment

Pure garbage!

Comment

Hi Ben;

Your thinking is correct.
        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought. I have more hope for this trap though...

Comment

Anybody have any thoughts on the trap? Here's the cap it belongs to and I'm seriously considering buying it. The only concern is that it's been hand stitched but am I right in saying that many were and it's not an issue?

Comment

Ben;

Here's a frontal shot of a known original green trap for you to compare the one on the cap too. What do you see when comparing them?
              Attached Files
              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

trap

Here is a link to a cap with the same exact trap in same thread color on Collector Guild.
                http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...os/S03550.html

Comment

traps

Here both together.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hmm..maybe the...or the...no...I give in..what's the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by ReichsHeini
                      Here both together.
                      Much better comparison. Thank you.
                      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Last edited by Tom Mumby; 04-05-2004, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mumby
                          There isn't a fantastic amount of difference really. What really strikes you is the quality of the original and the colour (although might not be worn) but you can difer the two. Hope this helps Ben,
                          All the bevo traps picture are original. The loose one Tony posted is in the off-white thread. The trap on the cap at Peters site and the trap on this m-43 are exactly the same original bevo trap in silver-gray thread. Although the photographs of this cap do not capture the true colors of the trap. Flash causing to much glare if i use it.
                          PaulH has examined the trap Ben is questioning in the past and found no problem. I would strongly rely on his opinion on any trap or skull.
                          I know this because I am the one selling the m-43 in Italian garbardine with the trap Ben is questioning originality of..... it is listed in GDC classified section.
                          Jerry

Comment

Comment

compare

Okay,

I tried an outdoor picture now, to compare the traps of Peters cap and this cap.
                              It is pretty clear they are the same thread and pattern...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X