No announcement yet.

Rare SSVT tunic illusion...or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had heard this about him for a long time, glad I never bought anything for him!

Comment

I wrote this before on the “WH General” threat, but I used to live in Hamburg for 7 years and used to visit Weitze once or twice a week. Once a friend of mine took his Grandfather’s stripped field tunic to Weitze and was looking for fitting insignias in an effort to restore the piece. So my friend went up to one of the salesmen and asked for assistance to help him picking the right insignias. Once they had everything together he was offered to have the material sewn onto the tunic for then DEM 100,-- (EUR 50). That was around 1999/2000, if I remember correctly. There’s your proof as well.  They also admitted to have reapplied the General Collar tabs. Reply to me when I asked one night while I visited the shop for business in Hamburg: “What would you do if you had a General’s tunic without collar tabs…?” Or my own story some months back. I was looking at an EM SS overcoat on Weitze’s site. At first, I was told the sleeve eagle was originally sewn/untouced to the coat (WH coat) and had not been tempered with. Then I asked for detailed photos of the sleeve lining and was sent photos of a WIDELY TORN OPEN lining in the armpit area of the coat showing the “fresh” sewing of the eagle. It became quite apparent to me that I was screwed with no scruples at all. They wanted to sell the coat, ship it and then see whether they piece came back or not. I will be in Hamburg next week. In case I see Helmut, I will surely ask him about this “Der Führer” piece. No problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        They should be more embarrassed about things like this:

http://www.empiremilitaryauctions.co...1755&pic=1#img
        Feckers, I suppose this one slipt by as well...If they can't get their sh1t together on appraising a skull well they can go and stick their auctions up their ass...

Comment

,,crook,,someone get a rope!

Good work again Jpic!

Comment

Now think about the other Hamburg trader selling that
            'Incredibly' large collection of uniforms for the past few
            weeks..! What percentage of that would be real?

Money talks! It's fun driving a Porsche and have some
            naïve collectors pay their last dime for it. A laugh!

Comment

Heck that guy has had the entire Officer Cadre of the Deutschland regiments uniforms in his stock at one time or another.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                Heck that guy has had the entire Officer Cadre of the Deutschland regiments uniforms in his stock at one time or another.
                Some of those tunics went into respected collections...Remember well.

Comment

You really caught him with his pants down this time John.

Comment

Sad stuff, never have had a problem with Helmut, I just make sure Im buying the piece (which is hard to do if you dont have two exact pics of the same tunic as here) and not the dealer. However, if this is all true, its disturbing for sure.
                    I looked at the two birds/jackets, no doubt there.....
                    Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 11-10-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Good job John...

Glenn
                      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                        They should be more embarrassed about things like this:

http://www.empiremilitaryauctions.co...1755&pic=1#img

Oh God, that's almost worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                          Good job John...

Glenn
                          Yes, a very good job indeed!
                          It is dirty business... Its really good a few of these cases comes up to surface so collectors will realize that all that glitters aint gold.. and to be even more sceptic "i.e carefull" with what they buy...

Cheers,
                          Felix

Comment

No if there you have the evidence before you in plain sight...the Collector who posted the SD tunic for opinion after he purchased it from "The Last Reich" said right here that he sold the SD tunic to Helmut Weitze and the price that was paid for it. The same exact tunic re-appears on Helmut Weitze's site completely rebadged except the eagle as a Der Fuhrer SSVT tunic. There is no "if this is true" one only has to look and see that it is true.

This time no one can accuse me of being a "dealer basher" or spreading "hearsay" .

Im waiting because sooner or later the apologists for this guy will enter the discussion to try and save thier favorite guys rear from the truth. Im never out to destroy a mans life but I would like to see that all collectors and dealers have a fair chance at a good run in the hobby....SS stuff is very difficult to collect because it is so widely falsified and there is a struggle by many to be at the top tier of the dealer rung..somewhere between collector and high end dealer they lose sight of the enjoyment part of the hobby and it becomes a money game..lets see if we can make a living doing this..in fact not just a living but become wealthy World travelers just like in the Art world..unfortunately the stuff is not as important as its history, lots of people study history but only a handfull collect it, so prices have to be artificially inflated and supply and demand must be met..the result is before you.
                            Last edited by John Pic; 11-10-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Kelly Hicks stated recently that while he's on the "Board of Experts", he'd never been asked to assess anything!
                              Is that how a 373/43 TK gets into auction?
                              No vetting? Just implied vetting?
                              Jeesus, an amateur would know better.
                              Jason and Steve are honest gentlemen and the salt of the earth, but perhaps it's time to assess the business plan.
                              For the record, I've bought numerous items from Herr Weitze and have been extremely pleased, but if the evidence here speaks the truth, this is unforgivable.
                              Last edited by RoyA; 11-10-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

This CERTAINLY cant be the only spolied apple in his bushel,I mean gee its just the first one thats been found with a worm in it!
                                Those of you with uniforms from Weitze better really take a closer look at them,not trying to make anyone sweat here,but ....If his restorers are as good as said here,I know Id be worried about any such "untouched" tunics of his in my collection

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X