No announcement yet.

Rare SSVT tunic illusion...or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying from dealers is as risky as buying from collectors. It makes me want to quit the uniform collecting.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Who knows Merdock and thats not an issue, neither are restored tunics...the issue is the putting together of one that never was and selling it as if it were.

Lots of restored pieces out there and quiet a few untouhed gems too but this is a case where not one but at leats three times tunics have been offered by this man that were not what they were originally at a very deep profit.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
        Yes of coarse he will hate the forum ...they all hate the forums the forums educate people about these things and those guys go out for a beer after work and talk...
        I am watching this to see what other dealers weigh in and make a comment about this. I have seen at least one reading. And one, so far has commented, and he is one of “the good guys”

B. N. Singer

Comment

Steve & Jason won't be happy about this.

http://www.empiremilitaryauctions.com/aboutus.asp

Comment

Bob...this has always been the case..but this is why I have for years said that an SS tunic without proof is only worth the parts and a little extra for a reasonable investment profit...but when people start marketing them to a point that the unproven tunics now are being sold from $10-15,000 well then yeah uniform collecting isnt the best investment..I always collected what I like to look at not thinking about what I might make off of it later.

B.N. Singer...I dont consider Mike a "Dealer" he is a collector who happens to deal and he is one of the good ones.

Roy...too bad for Steve and Jason thats what I was talking about earlier.
            Last edited by John Pic; 11-10-2010, 01:59 PM.

Comment

...B.N. Singer...I dont consider Mike a "Dealer" he is a collector who happens to deal and he is one of the good ones.
              Semantics Sir. Anyone who has a web site and purveys thousands of dollars worth of items is (to me) a dealer.

B. N. Singer

Comment

I suppose...heck these days you could have one Knights cross for sale and meet that requirement

Out of curiosity does anyone have any ideas regarding the six button fron tunic that is supposed to be SSVT?

Comment

John, really good job!
                  Amazing the way the buyer discounted and discounted the price...to build straight away a new tunic....

Comment

Out of curiosity does anyone have any ideas regarding the six button fron tunic that is supposed to be SSVT?
                    Its probably a Reichswehr tunic in my opinion...

Comment

Out of curiosity does anyone have any ideas regarding the six button front tunic that is supposed to be SSVT?
                      Good question; no it is not! It is not the standard M37 SS-VT drillich tunic, this had a four button front and the neck was hardly ever worn closed (which was possible through means of a button and flap clossure).

Like Arran states, this particular tunic is in Reichsheer style.

Comment

Hello.

This tunic was on at Last Reich and the pictures are still there.

I saw on estand so not trying to disagree with Merdock's post.

I purchased a Polizei Division tunic from Weitze.

The cost of the tunic and 'parts' were equal to the selling price so bearing in mind it was probably put together, I can and will have to live with it.

The point is, it should say 'recently assembled'.

Chris.

Comment

If Weitze was smart he would charge for professional restoration services. He obviously has someone who knows what they are doing. You provide the bare uniform and insignia, or buy what you need from Weitze, and then pay the restoration fees.

Of course it would be nice to have a nice "Restored By" tailors label riveted inside the pocket.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by RoyA View Post
                            Steve & Jason won't be happy about this.

http://www.empiremilitaryauctions.com/aboutus.asp
                            They should be more embarrassed about things like this:

http://www.empiremilitaryauctions.co...1755&pic=1#img

Comment

They are all slippery as a bowl of wet noodles.

Comment

And somebody please tell them Adolf is not spelled Adolph.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X