No announcement yet.

A collection of Finnish SS insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're a hoarder!!! that's why the finnish shield is so hard to find!!! you've got 99% of them

Comment

Stunning collection! I love it when a collection is focused on one particular theme, great shields too!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice collection, great bullion sleeve eagles too! Could you post a separate photo of the SS beret eagle so I can post it on the SS beret skull thread? Thanks,

Richard

Comment

Thanks all i really appreciate it!

Simo Häyhä http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

I can take a new photo of the beret eagle next time i have my camera up and running.

/Carl

Comment

What is the funny looking Iron Cross medal with the golden eagle attached?

Comment

Originally posted by MrSmith View Post
                What is the funny looking Iron Cross medal with the golden eagle attached?
                It is the Commemorative Cross of the Finnish SS-Volunteers. (Suomalaisten SS-vapaaehtoisten muistoristi) Instituted in 1958.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                    Ever hear of Larry Allen Thorne? His birth name was Laurie Tierney (sp?). I believe he held every, or most major Finnish military awards. After fighting the Ruskies for Finland, he joined the Waffen SS, was eventually captured, escaped several times, and then made his way to the US, where he became a member of Army Special Forces. He was killed in Laos where his small spotter plane went down. He fought Communism under 3 flags. He, and so many others exhibited uncommon valor, and very few people know their names. But everyone has heard of Carrot Top.
                    His birth name was Lauri Törni. Knight of the Mannerheim cross – a high and very rare award in Finnland. He was an officer in the Waffen-SS, but only for some months. He never saw action during this time. After the WW2 he served in the US Army and the book "The Green Barets" (film with John Wayne) is inspired by Lauri Törni´s time as an US Ranger. He was a 100% soldier!

Comment

congratulations.. very nice collection !!

Comment

Woow, fantastic collection! Missed this one...
                        I did not know all these gems were in Sweden.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
                        Felix

Comment

A stunning Suomi ss collection. Very nice to know the proviense ot the insignia.

Bravo!

BTW! Do you remember the w-ss ustuf with Nordland armelband and Suomi arm shield wich was sold by Weitze many,many years ago?

all the best
                          jotuntroll

Comment

What a collection

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by jotuntroll View Post
                              A stunning Suomi ss collection. Very nice to know the proviense ot the insignia.

Bravo!

BTW! Do you remember the w-ss ustuf with Nordland armelband and Suomi arm shield wich was sold by Weitze many,many years ago?

all the best
                              jotuntroll

What about it?

Comment

Thanks glad you like it!

I only heard about the Finnish tunic sold by Witze im afraid.

Ludwig might know more.

/Carl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X