cheers
    Lars

Comment

Originally posted by Lassi View Post
      Very nice collection you have there
      And a worn fez much more attractive than an unissued one

cheers
      Lars
      ...nice, but too much LITTLE indeed! Anyway I'm happy Lars that you like it.

Comment

That's a beautiful fez, indeed. Congratulations! I've been trying to get one for a while now, but I'd rather buy it from a forum member than from the dealer's website. The trouble is, I have not seen any available on e-stand for a while now..........

Dennis, if you consider selling one of your maroon fezzes anytime soon, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
          I heard that the " first production " ones were actually captured French 1940 ( colonial army ) supplies fitted with SS insignia in 1943 - so not just the sweatbands inside .

Could this be correct ?
          It would explain why only maroon ones can have these French sweatbands ?
          That's an interesting thought! Handschar was based in France during the initial unit formation/training period (when the mutiny broke out)...
          but colonial French fezes were brighter red, not maroon... Maroon colored SS version produced in occupied France makes perfect sense, as they would have had more experience making these than anybody in Germany I would think!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 08-23-2010, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
            That's an interesting thought! Handschar was based in France during the initial unit formation/training period (when the mutiny broke out)...
            but colonial French fezes were brighter red, not maroon... Maroon colored SS version produced in occupied France makes perfect sense, as they would have had more experience making these than anybody in Germany I would think!
            I agree with you Nick, I think that this kind of fezes, was made in France....Just one little "correction". Austrian (from 1882 to 1918) had one of the most important fez factory in Europe...and so thanks to the Bosnian-Erzegovina regiments.

@V.I.D. thanks for the compliments...and good hunt!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X