My Handschar fez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Handschar fez

...and at last I find it! Yes, from a lot of time I serched for one Handschar fez (marron in this case..) in used condition. This one, in my opinion, is a "first model", manufactured in France, (for me always) better than the Dachau made. I know that this is not a really rare SS item, but I hope that you like it!
    Attached Files

"France" inch stamps and size.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last two...thanks for your attention!
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice text in my opinion, a bit salty but I really like it.

Comment

....it's always a pleasure for me read your opinion, my Friend!

Comment

Nothing wrong with that one..just to clarifay the black oil cloth sweatband are believed to be french in origin as they are all dated 1940 which is not when the fez was made..Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                Nothing wrong with that one..just to clarifay the black oil cloth sweatband are believed to be french in origin as they are all dated 1940 which is not when the fez was made..Billbert
                Thanks for your input Billbert. Are you agree with me that's this kind of fez belong to the first production?

Comment

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen View Post
                  ...and at last I find it! Yes, from a lot of time I serched for one Handschar fez (marron in this case..) in used condition. This one, in my opinion, is a "first model", manufactured in France, (for me always) better than the Dachau made. I know that this is not a really rare SS item, but I hope that you like it!
                  I have the same model in my collection with the larger TK, thicker wool and wide sweatband.
                  Attached Files

Comment

interior
                    Attached Files

Comment

Three fezes together. Large TK and thicker fez bottom right.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a photo of what I believe is that model fez in wear. Notice the square larger TK .
                        Attached Files

Comment

closeup
                          Attached Files

Comment

What's a fine fezes and (above all) pic Dennis! Only one thing, I think that the fez in the picture is a green one. I have another question. With this kind of band I seen only maroon fezes. The green one (no Dachau) with a similar gray band. I think that both was made in the middle of '43. Is it possible that only two kinds of manifacures exist before Dachau factory?

Comment

I heard that the " first production " ones were actually captured French 1940 ( colonial army ) supplies fitted with SS insignia in 1943 - so not just the sweatbands inside .

Could this be correct ?
                              It would explain why only maroon ones can have these French sweatbands ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X