ss m40 cap ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss m40 cap ??

hi guy's a german want to sell it for a panzer cap .
    is it a good pz ss cap ??
    thx

Comment

In the top photo I clearly see where a cockade was.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        In the top photo I clearly see where a cockade was.

Ian
        no cocarde but bad insigna, the traces appear are exactly the same for skull and ss eagle
        Last edited by sherminator; 07-20-2010, 05:53 AM.

Comment

on the first pic , it's look like a place for a cocarde, but in reality if you pose a skull, they is axactement same the seams

Comment

Comment

Why not post it over on Cloth Headgear ..... but I DEFINATELY see the impression of the diamond where a cockade was.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                I DEFINATELY see the impression of the diamond where a cockade was.

Ian

I would agree, it also looks to me like it has been dyed black.

Fritz

Comment

For me, KM coastal artillery side cap dyed black for transform it as SS panzer side cap...

Best regards

Dimitri D.

Comment

Originally posted by DIERS View Post
                    For me, KM coastal artillery side cap dyed black for transform it as SS panzer side cap...

Best regards

Dimitri D.
                    IMO this cap has not been dyed and it was always black, take a look at the picture below, there are some white markings. White markings were used on black interior.
                    sherminator, can you post a picture of the marking?

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
                      IMO this cap has not been dyed and it was always black, take a look at the picture below, there are some white markings. White markings were used on black interior.
                      sherminator, can you post a picture of the markin

You are right marking 0/0422/5034
                      size 57 date 1943

Comment

Originally posted by DIERS View Post

Best regards

Dimitri D.
                        dommage que tu habites loin je te l'aurais montre , impossible a teindre il est noir d'origine

Comment

IMO The truth is that this cap without originally stitched insignia and 100% proviance (like let's dream: on-original-owner period photo!) could be anything really now. Many different military and paramilitary organisations used the same pattern/design and color: Pz. SS, KM, costal artillery, some women organisation, Pz. Heer, Firemen, and just who knows who else..

Regarding this particular cap.. Good news: it is pre-1945, it is in SS style/shape and it is black.
                          Not-too-good news: it has RNBr, which some collectors do not like to see on SS headgear, even though some SS headgear originally have RNBr.
                          The "fake piping" on this cap is not "well-pronounced", which many collectors like to see on original SS overseas caps even though many period photographs exist with SS caps that have no "fake piping" at all.

That stitching on the lining (below) is often associated with not-SS-related caps.

But again, there is absolutely no way now to find out for sure if it has or has not been used by Pz. SS

Comment

thx all for opinions and help

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post

I noticed these as well, but keep in mind that they could have been added after dyeing the piece or whatever.

The cap looks good (period KM) , but, once more, from these pics I feel it might have been dyed black in order to create a "ss panzer side cap".

Is it possible to see clear full interior shots and also pictures of it with the sides being fold down?

Fritz
                              Last edited by Fritz; 07-20-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X