No announcement yet.

KZ hellbraun (light brown) vs. Recon kupferbraun (copper brown) waffenfarbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The insignia wouldn't be for me ... no matter where it's on display or who it allegedly belonged to.

Ian

Comment

Here's the example from the Walter Miltsch KL tunic.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Marius for this post.
        My recon boards are darker than
        any posted here and have a subtle
        red tinge.

Comment

copper brown

Originally posted by istra63 View Post
          Thank you Marius for this post.
          My recon boards are darker than
          any posted here and have a subtle
          red tinge.
          Copper brown waffenfarbe on a first issue pattern Officers M.40 Overseas Cap , the color is actually darker by about two shades on the underside of the cap .
          jim toncar
          Attached Files

Comment

That is one cool board! really dig it.

In that classical cinnamon/penny brown color that I always say is arm recon. I would say the board is Heer, as a friend has the SS with Gothic A.

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
            These are mine. Can't tell if thet are SS or Armu. On the bak they are stamped "11.5". From what I have read, SS Recon used the Gothic A, I can't find anything that says they used the Gothic K.

Comment

beautiful side cap, and super rare soutache on it. Thanks for showing

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
                Copper brown waffenfarbe on a first issue pattern Officers M.40 Overseas Cap , the color is actually darker by about two shades on the underside of the cap .
                jim toncar
                Thank you for showing this copper brown waffenfarbe Jim Here you can see a pair of WH Motorized Infantry Copper Brown straps:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by robs View Post
                  Here's the example from the Walter Miltsch KL tunic.
                  The same `hellbraun` as the nco straps in the beginning of this thread. Thank you for showing robs One pair has a little bit lighter colour but once again I quote BenVK and Robert H:

Originally posted by militaria.no View Post
                  BenVK has a good point when he writes: “Problem is, you can never get a camera to capture this colour consistently. A bit more or less sunlight in the room gives a totally different impression”.
                  Originally posted by militaria.no View Post
                  Robert H: “Not to forget discoloration from storage, sun light, smoke and whats so ever”.
                  Attached Files

Comment

A pair of SS nco recon boards are now listed on e-stand. For our study and as a future reference I have borrowed some pictures to include in this `KZ hellbraun (light brown) vs. Recon kupferbraun (copper brown) waffenfarbe` thread:
                    Attached Files

Comment

One more:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Many years ago a former member of the SS-Panzeraufklärungsabteilung 11 "Nordland" gave me a pair of shoulder straps, that had belonged to his NCO, who came from the "Wiking" Recce detachment. In other words quite early Recce straps. The colour was clearly darker than on any of the straps shown here.
                        For you who has Fritz Hahl´s book "Mit "Westland" im Osten", something like that of the cover. Or a bit lighter than the brown colour of the 10 years faithful service of the NSDAP cross. How do you describe a colour?...

Comment

The thread about my KZ guard tunic: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=Kz+tunic

Comment

On display...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Could not take a good picture of the shoulder boards in daylight. I don't have my good camera right now. I took a picture with my IPad but the colour looked like pink

But as said, the colour looks different in hand, even when a picture is taken with a good camera!

Comment

Im jealouse Brecht!
                                I think many are !

WEll done!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X