No announcement yet.

KZ hellbraun (light brown) vs. Recon kupferbraun (copper brown) waffenfarbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes simple 70 years ago,but after fading,and how rain,war..etc affected different dyes its not exactly teh colors they used to be unless its a unissued example,and the colors are close.Especially when you have different people claiming different colors are different names.I mean SD is described as TOXIC green I mean that could be anything.
    What Im saying is one persons light brown could be anothers copper brown.thay are close in nature thats why teh puzzle,this sint telling teh difference between Panzer Pink and Signals Yellow.

Comment

oops

Comment

Interesting and well presented thread. Well done Marius.

Nice to see my old visor again, I wonder where it is now?

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
          Interesting and well presented thread. Well done Marius.

Nice to see my old visor again, I wonder where it is now?
          Thank you for your interest and positive comments guys Yes Ben, that ol` beautiful visor is the ultimate Hellbraun reference and thank you for posting those detailed photos of it. But where might it be I hope it is in good hands.

Comment

I also think one must take in to consideration that within the same waffenfarbe or colour there of course did exist small variations depending on the manufacturer and the intensity of the colour for the day in doing the dye process. Early in the dye chemichal process or late... I think the same batches should be matching, but if there is a long time in between.. with process chemichals etc.. and different manufacturers... there will be some differences...

As have been mentioned before age also plays a part. If it has been in sunshine or stored in a bad environment and of course if it has been in real use... with dust, fat and other pullutions...

Photos we know can trick the eye.... saturation in colours or not.. flash or not... natural light or indoor artifical...

Cheers,
            Felix

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for a very interesting photo with different brown piping. Here I enclose a piping colour chart borrowed from another waf post.
                Attached Files

Comment

Recon Boards

These are mine. Can't tell if thet are SS or Armu. On the bak they are stamped "11.5". From what I have read, SS Recon used the Gothic A, I can't find anything that says they used the Gothic K.
                  Attached Files

Comment

VERY unusual with the directly embroidered bullion cypher...

Comment

I have seen alu embroidery added later that was done trough the board and reverse has a backside of the stitching
                      Originally posted by Arran View Post
                      VERY unusual with the directly embroidered bullion cypher...

Comment

backside

i'll post the backside of the boards later. You are correct abot the stitching through the board.

Comment

IMO that was a fashion of highest NCO's grade to add a officers like look, instead of official alu zyphers.
                          Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
                          i'll post the backside of the boards later. You are correct abot the stitching through the board.

Comment

back

This is the back of the board.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Her is a KZ visor for officer with hellbraun waffenfarbe. Don’t concentrate on the insignia but the hellbraun piping.
                              This visor sold at an auction in US 20th feb. 2011. Price: $825.00

WW2 GERMAN NAZI SS VISOR HAT OF THE HAUPSTURMFURERE OF THE CONCENTRATION CAMP
                              - This hat was on display at Holocaust Museum. Inside is marked Luhus.
                              Paper inside reads SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer Schutzhaftlagerfuhrer KL-Sachsenhausen.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X