Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and by the way, Bill Shea is selling an 'unfinished' embroidered ROA shield on his site at the moment with a cutting line round it.

Baz

Comment

notice one has the line in fact there is still traces of the cutting line as well and one does not
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Great to see a good debate,but Gary PLEASE don't use that blue script on your post it's very hard to see.
        On another point Gary i posted some ss insignia that i borrowed from a friend and stated on the post that it was ALL from a vet well sorry i was misstaken when i finally returned it to him and told him the bevo patches were repro he was not suprised as he had bought them from a fair,the other collor patch ,ss button and the early pointed pointed shoulder board with the embroided D were the vet bring backs.
        Merdock

Comment

Gary PLEASE don't use that blue script on your post it's very hard to see.

Merdock,
          Yes I agree its some what bright I will go change the colour of it maybe bright yellow/green might be better ! ,sorry
          cheers,
          gary

Comment

here is the line on the fakes sold by delta
            Attached Files

Comment

here is an original Dachau type tab and a fake delta tab
              Attached Files

Comment

here are some more of the 60's delta fake tabs
                Attached Files

Comment

here is an original of the same type as above
                  Attached Files

Comment

this pictures shows another trait of the delta tab, the backing cloth, this has be adged to fool even though the tk is Crap
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                      this pictures shows another trait of the delta tab, the backing cloth, this has be adged to fool even though the tk is Crap
                      Someone is bidding up one of those TK pieces of crap on Manions now as we speak. I hope it's not one of our members.
                      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Gary. that's interesting stuff regarding the machine embroidery process. I'll keep the hand embroidered stuff out of the thread. As I said, I'll post this mirror rune Patch one of these days and let you all have a crack at it. In the meantime, let's carry on with the subject at hand.

Were the non-germanics made by any other fakers than Delta? Did they ever come in an officer's version in woven wire? I recall seeing an officer's version of the Handschar patch at some time.
                        "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
                        -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Basil.

Galician patch in Bevo? Don't you mean the sleeve shield?
                          Himmler expressly forbade the wearing of SS runes by non-Germanics, although the latter term was diluted as the war went on. If they all were to wear runes, there would be no need for the other patches at all.

Comment

Tony.

Where is the 'glaring undisputed evidence'? I've still to see it.

Comment

Peter.

Just my point. The guideline threads have never been questioned - until now.

Comment

Gary.

1. What I want to see is a picture of vets at Dachau in '45, not a picture of a 'modern' vet. There are plenty of pictures of US troops with war booty. There are plenty of pictures of US troops at Dachau. So why are there no pictures of US troops with war booty at Dachau?? Strange, given the quantity of stuff that was supposedly taken from there.

2. The only item you mentioned in the book which is mine is the tunic on p.93. Yes, it's put together, but all the badges are original IMHO. The publishers approached an English dealer independently of me for the majority of the photos in that book, taken of items in his extensive collection. He's credited at the back of the book, if you care to check. The first I saw of these photos was when the proofs came through. That's often how it works in publishing. Although most are OK, there are a number of other items in that book that I'm personally not too happy with. Just look at the strange patches on p. 151 for example . I'd not want these in my own collection. Many mistakes in books are caused by the publisher, not the author. But the author always gets the slagging. That's why I keep saying to collectors - read the TEXT. Don't just look at the 'pretty pictures'.

3. You question other services which wore machine-embroidered tabs in wartime. What about the SA, NSFK, LSW, SHD, Eastern Ministry, Einsatzstab Rosenberg.......? Need I go on? Has anyone ever seen any of these patches with the thread lines on the back?? Or were the SS badge makers the only ones so short-sighted that they needed special thread guide lines?

Cheers.

Robin.
                                Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-31-2004, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X