A story I almost believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad, thanks for sharing.
    I have seen those hate belts before, but never these holsters. very interesting.

Comment

In the original posting, dhunter93 clearly states: "Got this off a Vet who said he took it off of a SS Officer...He said he took the TK off of the Officers hat and stuck it through the holster flap."
      I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

One of many archived era examples.

Maj. Ib Melchior CIC agent on the left. Ref: Book, "Case by Case"
        Attached Files

Comment

I've seen a few 'hate' belts on the ebay and also I have a luft mapcase signed by the vet and this had holes in it where an eagle and a rank pip had been removed before I got it. The vet was from canada.

Jerry

Comment

Those that just jumped right to the pics and were all like its added post war by the vet for sure blah blah blah... take the time to read the post and it clearly states the obvious.... just saying guys read the story with the item before you just rush to the pics, amazing how much stuff is clearly stated when one takes the time to read. Course that is just a thought. Matt

Comment

Nice set, if you can find out where he cot it you may be able to match the unit etc. Stuff like this is great.

Comment

Nice items. Great thread, learn something new today about "hate belts!"
                Thanks,

Comment

To clear up any misunderstanding, the US Vet took the SS Officers pistol/holster and his visor hat TK. The US vet then put the TK through the holster flap. The vet was in the 30th infantry division..By the way the TK is a 499/41 and no, I am not going to remove it..

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
                    To clear up any misunderstanding, the US Vet took the SS Officers pistol/holster and his visor hat TK. The US vet then put the TK through the holster flap. The vet was in the 30th infantry division..By the way the TK is a 499/41 and no, I am not going to remove it..
                    I showed the first image in the thread to my Father who was ETO 43-45 and he said this was something he saw along with applying insignia to German overseas hats or small "nazi" flags. So no surprise and even though it was not the question of the thread this did happen etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                      I showed the first image in the thread to my Father who was ETO 43-45 and he said this was something he saw along with applying insignia to German overseas hats or small "nazi" flags. So no surprise and even though it was not the question of the thread this did happen etc.

Boy, I bet you Father has seen it all...Tell him thanks for fighting for us!!

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
                        Boy, I bet you Father has seen it all...Tell him thanks for fighting for us!!
                        He gets a kick out of the forum and I show him stuff now and again. He brought back a Sauer automatic and likes pistols

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X