No announcement yet.

380/40 SS visor set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry benVK...i meant factory.( not factories.)

Which company made the SS 475 eagle? (I dont know that answer either, but know it IS an accepted ORIGINAL )....heres a forum that discusses the issue,some members here took part....although only a theory I have about ss prefixed versions ... i suspect the aluminum skulls were the only ss marked ones.

http://warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniform...fakes-13357-4/

I also am fully aware the "experts" say the ss supposedly had their own manufacturer or assigns that made exclusively for the ss,and maybe they worked for several agencys.... but who, the number 380 is,...or the 475 is... I do not rightly know.

I can't say ive ever seen a complete list of ss numbered manufacturers like the L/ numbers lists that are in existance..or for like they have for the numbered manufacturers. (wish i had the info to share)Maybe the records were destroyed to keep them from reprisals? who knows? They still may be in business.

Hopefully someone else can answer that question for you, and me, as i would also like to know the answer to your quiztion.

Comment

"QUote:

It seems some on the forum like to set traps ,play tricks to discredit. I suspect from past experiences this skull posted , one of those.

Well lit ..Higher DPI photos of the front, back, and side profile... as to height and dimentions will be necessary ... to seriously help anyone ..with ss 380/40 skull verifications as to if they match the one i have or not..I am suspecting the one posted does NOT have the same front details, and thats why it was not shown.(there is a big difference)."

Juoneen,

No trap, playing tricks or trying to discredit on this side. I am curious myself where this skull has its origins, also no conviction without prove .... Just trying to illustrate the skull mentioned in this topic, so a comparison can be made and hoping more pictures would turn up which unfortunately didn't. As it is no longer in my possession for a few years I have to dig deep finding the front, but we'll get there ....
      I do remember the skull pictured was a bit "bigger" in comparison to the M1/52.

Best regards,

Seth.

Comment

Juoneen, we all know why you believe in these 300 series fakes. You have one that you say came from a vet. You're entitled to your opinion but we've heard it all before.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...80%2F40&page=7

Comment

Original?

Omly $50 for something you think is real? My Cash Offers for things I think are real run a tad higher.

Comment

$50

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Omly $50 for something you think is real? My Cash Offers for things I think are real run a tad higher.
            Buy low sell high.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
              Buy low sell high.
              That's what Charlie Snyder does with them.

He (and perhaps some others) would stand to make more money if more less-experienced collectors can be convinced they are original.

Comment

Charlie Snyder

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                That's what Charlie Snyder does with them.
                Brad,
                Are you saying that Charlie Snyder has 3 prong skulls for sale?
                Funny that I can't seem to find any on his web site.
                Last edited by PMan; 12-14-2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                  Brad,
                  Are you saying that Charlie Snyder has 3 prong skulls for sale?
                  Funny that I can't seem to find any on his web site.
                  I can't say that I have been to Charlie's site in quite a long time. I see no need. I do know that the used to routinely deal in the 300-series fakes. That is what I was referring to.

Comment

Well, juoneen, spent lots of time crawling through my files but it seems the front has been flushed ... I did find a good representation of the front in this halfproduct, having the same appearence, don't know where I got it from, good well be this forum.

Best,

Seth.
                    Attached Files

Comment

back
                      Attached Files

Comment

code
                        Attached Files

Comment

the stake to market the 300 series skull is high, someone wants to make people to believe it is the real one, and resell them at high profits to an unknowing collector

SS Metal Eagles and Skulls.jpg

Comment

Well, it ainĀ“t me

By the way, a skull like the one I once possessed is the most left one in the top row of skrulls.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X