380/40 SS visor set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

380/40 SS visor set

380/40 SS aluminum visor sets, are any cap sets marked 380/40 original?
    Thank you.

Nope!

Comment

Never ..

Comment

No, they are not.
        You could do a search here on the forum for these.
        I learned this also in earlier threads.
        Some of the guys here are a little sensaitive about "obvious" questions
        God forbid you don't know the rules!
        Hang in there, I've been there also.

Jack

Comment

Fake made in Austria!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pzb14 View Post
            Fake made in Austria!!!
            'From the days of disco' as an old forum friend used to say.

Comment

Days of disco? Did i hear Dancing Queen?

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for the info and your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                  Days of disco? Did i hear Dancing Queen?
                  I thought I heard I will Survive !

Comment

You are obligated to keep an open mind always..

We have been thru this before....the majority of them are fakes,(yes, 90%) but ...i have an original,It has that exact number but different thaqn the fakes, is aluminum and was taken with provenance at buchenwald. This information as absolutely all ss 380 /40 rzm skulls being fakes is incorrect.One must seek the truth, and not to just pile on because its fasionable... You believe what you want.... but you also have to think for yourself as There are also major collectors who know this skull to be original when it is exactly like the one i posted(much different from the commonly encountered fakes )There is a big difference). But you may argue all you want till your'e blue in the face. I have already posted it, and if you can you post yours .( i cant say on the eagle as i dont have the eagle, but since i know they made an original skull, they had to have made an eagle also..If you want it checked before we condemn it I will give it a thumbs up or down accordingly. Buy the way i will buy all that match the one i have exactly for 50.00. each. But they must match mine exactly, and cant be one of the more modern fakes made of that number. Now go ahead and have a hissy fit if you must, and just because some of you guys bought fake stuff from vets doesnt at all have any bearing on this one i have as I knew the vet, personally, and he did Not collect postwar. I dug the box of stuff out of his attic about 1969 myself , with a large ammount of other all original ss stuff , including a triumph ss typewriter , field phones winter jackets, and more.(all for 50.00), so if you think the guy was out for the big buck you are sadly mistaken.

Comment

Something like this?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                        We have been thru this before....the majority of them are fakes,(yes, 90%) but ...i have an original,It has that exact number but different thaqn the fakes, is aluminum and was taken with provenance at buchenwald. This information as absolutely all ss 380 /40 rzm skulls being fakes is incorrect.One must seek the truth, and not to just pile on because its fasionable... You believe what you want.... but you also have to think for yourself as There are also major collectors who know this skull to be original when it is exactly like the one i posted(much different from the commonly encountered fakes )There is a big difference). But you may argue all you want till your'e blue in the face. I have already posted it, and if you can you post yours .( i cant say on the eagle as i dont have the eagle, but since i know they made an original skull, they had to have made an eagle also..If you want it checked before we condemn it I will give it a thumbs up or down accordingly. Buy the way i will buy all that match the one i have exactly for 50.00. each. But they must match mine exactly, and cant be one of the more modern fakes made of that number. Now go ahead and have a hissy fit if you must, and just because some of you guys bought fake stuff from vets doesnt at all have any bearing on this one i have as I knew the vet, personally, and he did Not collect postwar. I dug the box of stuff out of his attic about 1969 myself , with a large ammount of other all original ss stuff , including a triumph ss typewriter , field phones winter jackets, and more.(all for 50.00), so if you think the guy was out for the big buck you are sadly mistaken.
                        Peter believed you.

He is probably among the "major collectors" secretly grabbing up these little-known originals...along with all of the three pronged skulls.

By the way, does the term "stream of consciousness" mean anything to you?

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                          Peter believed you.

He is probably among the "major collectors" secretly grabbing up these little-known originals...along with all of the three pronged skulls.

By the way, does the term "stream of consciousness" mean anything to you?
                          Brad,
                          Since I made my cash offer for the 3 prong skulls absolutely no one has stepped forward, interesting.... To date, I have no 380/40's and only 1 perfect 3 prong skull. Also, I prefer to stay in the "main stream of consciousness" when investing.

Comment

Upon examination of this rear of the one posted by revi, its another well made skull, but IMO NOT original.

It seems some on the forum like to set traps ,play tricks to discredit. I suspect from past experiences this skull posted , one of those.

Well lit ..Higher DPI photos of the front, back, and side profile... as to height and dimentions will be necessary ... to seriously help anyone ..with ss 380/40 skull verifications as to if they match the one i have or not..I am suspecting the one posted does NOT have the same front details, and thats why it was not shown.(there is a big difference)

I agree 100%...that....one must be EXTREMELY careful when approaching the possible purchase of any ss 380/40 skull, but in fact:The nazi factories did make this version in 1940...anybody who says they are all fakes is incorrect. (nobody is perfect)

The originals are just seldom encountered ,still on hats never checked , for fear a prong will be broken to see... or passed over because someone who wrote a book , made a mistake calling them all fakes. ....regardless i have no interest in selling the one i got as a kid, or steering anybody wrong (regardless ).(I am just a collector ...not a dealer.)

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                              The nazi factories did make this version in 1940...anybody who says they are all fakes is incorrect.
                              Really? which "Nazi" factories might I ask?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X