No announcement yet.

Sepp Dietrich's WW1 Tank Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's wearing the type 1 badge in this photo from his early SS days, although it's not easy to see here.
    Attached Files

Comment

Robin,,,"LAH presentation ring".. Is this the platinum hand carved ring of his?
      Any photos? price? thanks....................

Comment

Here is the Ring!
        Attached Files

Comment

He seems to have given some things to certain people postwar, but have seen few attributed non-insignia items. I'm told a lot of what he owned survived and assume he'd have piles of gifts, presented items, etc.

Here (PA) an engraved cigarette case of his appeared from a vet (a military chaplin) in the 70s and that's all I've seen first hand (sorry, no photo).

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by chrisson007 View Post
            Here is the Ring!
            The ring of Sepp meets a collector in Brazil and does not look like this.

Tom

Comment

LAH ring

LAH-Ring. Photo from my Wisch-collection (this scan and discription from former owner-Pls note that this was
              taken in Dec. 1943 rather than at Kharkov.)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by markus; 11-21-2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Sepp rings

Another view of the LAH ring at the Berghof.
                Attached Files

Comment

Frankfurt

And here is what looks like the "Frankfurt Honor-Ring" also offered at Andy Thies'
                  Attached Files

Comment

chris100 , Markus,,, BIG thanks. That certainly is a beauty. I'd love to have that,,,what is the price?

There is another ring attributed to Sepp. It is in one of the old War Booty books. Supposedly from his men,,in platinum, hand carved, Runes on front. Rough, but nice.....
                    Thanks again guys..............

Comment

Min. bid

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                      Robin,,,"LAH presentation ring".. Is this the platinum hand carved ring of his?
                      Any photos? price? thanks....................

Minimum bid = EUR 30,000.-- + c + tax

...a nice "been there" item.

Comment

Here is the back!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Obersepp

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                          He seems to have given some things to certain people postwar, but have seen few attributed non-insignia items. I'm told a lot of what he owned survived and assume he'd have piles of gifts, presented items, etc.

Yes, I'm sure, due to his popularity, he must have received a lot of presentation gifts from all over the place and most must have survived. Still, besides the known Wolfe-Hardin pieces and the officer leather-coat I passed on a couple of years ago, I have not seen any others.

Here is mine: A New Year congratulations card from his Signal's Rgt. of the 6.SS-Panzer-Armee dd. Dec. 31, 1944, named to "SS-Oberstgruppenführer Sepp Dietrich"

If anyone on the forum has any other "Sepp" item I would love to see it...

(pd: Diamonds are a filler - Robin's "Pocket Billard" photo in the back/left from swords winner's Otto Baum estate)
                          Attached Files

Comment

I was led to believe family members kept a lot, and I'd prefer that as von Eberstein's family did with a lot until recently.

To many children seem to run to sell before the dirt settles on their parent's grave. Disgusting to me, and finances not a factor as they literally sell any/all connected to the individual. Having insight into specifics, really rather repulsive, but just my opinion.

Comment

amazing stuff. ive never actually seen that particular Sepp ring nor the tank badges these close up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                                I was led to believe family members kept a lot............
                                According to Messenger's biography, one of Sepp's sons had his tank badge.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X