Comment

SS Panzer Beret Skull

Opinions please.
      Attached Files

Comment

Not even close

Tom

Comment

check this thread out.....http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...r+beret+skulls

Comment

Looks more like the Christmas Pig.

Lasse

Comment

They do keep trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse Kongo View Post
                Looks more like the Christmas Pig.

Lasse

A 6 legged Christmas pig!!

Comment

I guess IMITATION IS the sincerest form of flattery... Billbert

Comment

SS Panzer Beret Skull

"If there are two different patterns of original beret eagles, why would there not be more than one pattern skull? " Bob Hritz.

I appreciate the feedback on the Panzer skull. I have been provided opinions, how about some facts to suppport that it is a reproduction? Looking at the skulls in the long thread, the one I posted is nearly identical. The embroidery is actually thicker and closer woven than the "originals" that were posted. None of these had a cloth backing. A faker rarely will go to the trouble of adding a cloth back because it costs more. As can be seen this cloth backing is of high quality and does not look like it was made yesterday. As Bob Hritz said, there could have been more than one pattern. For all you naysayers, how about some facts, to say why this is a bad piece. Telling us that it is a "Christmas pig" means nothing. I sought opinions, now please provide the evidence.

Comment

Matovsky,

You pulled an isolated quote from early in the discussion. All the facts are in that very long thread. I wrote many, many paragraphs in it and could answer, but then you would not have the fun of researching it. There are actually many eagles styles both in off-white and silver gray. There are many skull styles in both off-white and silver gray...but they are all embroidered on the same type machines (which is also revealed in the post by Bob Hritz).

You will not get it by looking at the pictures alone...you have to read the text also. The thicker embroidery is a huge problem. Fakers add cloth backings all the time..they use scrap which cost nothing. The only thing that should be behind the skull is a panzer beret or what's left of it...or nothing. Most likely that cloth is hiding the back of the embroidery, which is probably a dead give away to it being completely different than originals.

Richard

Comment

" the one I posted is nearly identical." Most decent fakes are.... it's the details

"A faker rarely will go to the trouble of adding a cloth back because it costs more." Faker's go to great lenghts to decieve.

Where do you draw the the line between copy and variation? Your type logic is constantly being applied to the full spectrum of the collecting world.

It's not up to the "naysayers" to prove it's a copy the onus is on you to put forth the evidence that it is an original "variation"

Comment

ss panzer beret

OK. Please address me to the page where an absolutely original skull is depicted. I saw many skulls in the thread, but maybe I'm missing something, but nowhere did anyone say here is the "classic" early ss panzer skull. That you can say, "this is as good as it gets"! Which Pic, gentlemen, for my edification?
                          Last edited by matovsky; 11-21-2009, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Rather than go through the thread again I pulled 5 different examples from my files of what I consider original skulls. They are of the off white and silver gray variety, which sometimes are hard to tell apart in photos.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X