No announcement yet.

TK tab E Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too liked them better before restoration, in my view shrinkage from actual field use, getting wet...I have handled a fair amount of SS tabs, including flatwire machine embr. examples that "shrunk" imho no doubt due to exposure to the elements--rain, then sun...I think this is what happened to these...they saw actual use in the field and not at parades etc...if only they could speak the tales they would tell!

ps..then when restored, the restorer attempted to match the size to examples on buckram and put them on a large piece of buckram not accounting for the shrinkage and giving the look they have now, I would put them back to the shape in the photo posted by the DR...best, J

Comment

I'll admit, I was originally on the fence regarding the authenticity of the restored "Plabst" tabs, but now I am convinced they are 100% original. This has turned out to be a great thread and I've learned quite a bit. And not just about tabs

I'd love to see images of the entire "Plabst" grouping as it was found, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen... It must have been one hell of a group!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        We are not in US court........this is not 9/11 or <st1><st1:city w:st="on">Guantanamo</st1:city></st1> By Peter v L post # 207

Peter v L,
        What does this statement from you have to do with this subject ????? And why the smiling face?????
        John
        JF

John, my first reaction to this was that it seemed anti-American, but knowing Peter and having done business with him in the past, I personally don't think he has any anti-American sentiments I hope I'm correct

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
          I'll admit, I was originally on the fence ..
          Rob
          Just enjoy the thread then.. and read becuase Peter has already explained:
          Originally posted by Peter v L View Post
          John,

The stupid smiles comes from the text being copied from word, this forum does not support copy/paste from word and because of that gives these stupid smiles, should be fixed by admin really. Sorry for those!

The statement was re this line from Grant;

"I await to see what Peter brings forth in his new thread about the tabs. But, for me, he is going to have to prove without a reasonable doubt, that they are fake. No lame excuses, or here say theories, it has to be proof, solid proof!!"

Peter

Comment

No disrespect was merely a comparison of what Grant thought I should prove about his tabs being fake but all others could just just express any unbiasad opinion about the Plabst collartabs.

It seems it is a difference here...... that is why the statement.

As to Grants question

Originally posted by Hohenstaufen View Post
            Lets now see where this leads. Who is David Fuller ?? Is there anybody out there that knows him ??? Can anyone else confirm his story ???
            He was in the US Army with Angolia in the 1960´s, Fuller back in those days wrote the most comprehensive book of it´s time on Cloth insignias of the SA.

Peter v L

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
            John, my first reaction to this was that it seemed anti-American, but knowing Peter and having done business with him in the past, I personally don't think he has any anti-American sentiments I hope I'm correct

Rob
            www.military-antiques-stockholm.com

sigpic

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Consulting the Oracle, I finally got permission to post this Picture of the Plabst Tabs prior to their restoration.
              WOW!! I like them much better before also! Goodness. So actually, they went pretty cheap for a mirror set of tabs. Can't remember the last time I saw a set offered that were original......I am looking for a set now!!! Anyone??? Dr.? Robert? Bob? Grant?

Comment

Grant thanks again for posting your real tabs, make sure you get in contact with me when you start your research on makers, I'll give you pics of mine that you may not already have. I look forward to the "new" thread on these verticals

Comment

Tabs

Grant,
                  PM Sent. Sincerely, DJB

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
                    I agree very nice skully thread! The first cufftitle in the pic is EM BeVo - the rarest ..and lets be honest ugliest of all

I suppose beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

When it comes to one of these RZM woven TK for EM/NCO, I would describe them as an ugly duckling that turns out to be a beautiful swan.

Anyway I have asked "ebony" to post some images of my one. A true rarity for sure.

This is a interesting thread in more than one way and certainly worth the read.

Regards to all, Chris

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                            I suppose beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

When it comes to one of these RZM woven TK for EM/NCO, I would describe them as an ugly duckling that turns out to be a beautiful swan.

Anyway I have asked "ebony" to post some images of my one. A true rarity for sure.

This is a interesting thread in more than one way and certainly worth the read.

Regards to all, Chris
                            so rare that even to seeing a picture of it is rare! Congrats! but I go for a more common - true "beautiful swan"
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
                              so rare that even to seeing a picture of it is rare! Congrats! but I go for a more common - true "beautiful swan"
                              Yes I like that design of yours and one can see why they got on and improved the look of the skull.

If I am correct there is less than 10 of the "Oberbayern" EM/ NCO woven RZM cuff titles known to exist in collections today so as you say even a picture of one is rare.

Nice to know that one turned up in this big "Plabst" TK grouping along side the type that you prefer.

Many thanks for the reply, Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X