No announcement yet.

The mk casket club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, if anyone has a pic of the "casket" being used at a wedding to hold the MK, please show! We mentioned some photos here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=traudl of the Mein Kampf itself being seen in wedding photos, but not the box.

Here's my casket or box or whatever you want to call it. It came with the "Hochzeitsausgabe" Mein Kampf in it, but of course the book could have gotten in there at any point.

Best,
    Greg
    Attached Files
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Better direct view of the top
      Attached Files
      sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
      www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

The funny thing in my opinion is the fact that those boxes are mentioned in NO historical source at all!

That means: in no document, no list of presents gifted by Himmler (OK, the Geschenkliste of Himmler is far away from being complete - there are big lacks caused by destruction of the original lists for example), no order from a company manufacturing them, no payment document as well...
        There are not mentioned in any personal letters while for example a common Allach vase is mentioned in one of Himmler´s letters as a gift to two female admirers of him.
        I mean c´mon: if this was in use as a wedding present/ceremonial object/cult piece within such an important and religious celebration like a wedding of an SS-couple it ought to appear somewhere - but it does not.

This does not mean that is never existed or was never in use but the SS can be seen as being well-known for documenting every little detail within their organisation that at least - we have take this fact into account when examining these boxes.

It would make more sense if these boxes were something very exclusive and of highest rarity - already in those days! - but about twenty of these boxes do exist within collector´s hands and museums so what is going on here?
        Another thing that is totally missing is the fact that there seem to no hint who indeed designed and/or manufactured these pieces as well.

Allach plaques can be identfied with T.K. and C.D. as being a co-work of Theodor Kärner and Carl Diebitsch - but here?

Comment

Thorsten,
          What do the curators of Wewelsburg say about these boxes? Did you happen to discuss them while you worked there? Odd that such an orderly organization as the ss didn't document them in some way.

Comment

Don,

sometimes there might be a fine difference between being the curator of an official museum and being a real expert...

Comment

No one has ever been able to produce a period photograph to prove beyond doubt that these are period items. I find it impossible to believe that given their purported status they would have not been the hit at the high ranking SS weddings and the happy couple would have posed for photos with the casket. I'm really sorry to throw this out there and I'm sure it will be greated with an outcry but until this proof surfaces I am not so sure these are period. Please someone Prove me wrong.Perhaps somone has interviews an SS man who might have been awarded one?Has anyone ever gotten one directly from the vet or his family?

Comment

I to have some doubts or concerns about these wooden boxes??
                How about some stories of where these have surfaces and from Who ? Maybe that could help in deciding there authenticity "Have to many of them have survived to be un-official " ?
                jimtoncar

Comment

I can't ever recall seeing a period picture of Himmler's a$$...............but I am certain that it existed pre-1945!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                    I can't ever recall seeing a period picture of Himmler's a$$...............but I am certain that it existed pre-1945!

Ah yes Robin but that aint selling for over 2K!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                      Ah yes Robin but that aint selling for over 2K!
                      Hee, hee!

Seriously, though..................are folks here really questioning the authenticity of these boxes?

Comment

Eureka !!!!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not saying I think they're fantasy,,,but,,, other pieces on this site and others have been called fake/fantasy for a lot less!

Comment

Robin's did it again! WHOOPEEDO!

now we have a ww2 photo remade in 2009! MK edition!

Comment

Exactly that pic I had in my mind when thinking about a possible historical proof for the authenticity of these boxes - it is from the archiv of Arthur Meyer and shows an SS-wedding ceremony at Hitler´s subresidence at the Obersalzberg.
                              Clearly visable in the back are the wooden panels for decorating the walls with the regional typical tree, the Zirbelkiefer.

And we see the Julleuchter being THE important part of the ceremony - but we see no box.

Since I do not know anything about the whereabouts of those boxes already visable now and some time back on another thread here in this forum I assume that only the piece in the Imperial War Museum might bring it´s original story with it.

But until it bears unquestionable historical documents concerning their exhibited objects a museum is a museum, nothing more and nothing less.

There are period pics of SS-cult objects in existence and no piece of these ever survived or showed up and here we have the pieces but no proof yet - like it or not.

By the way: to my knowledge not even one example surfaced in Germany yet - why is that?

Comment

Thorsten
                                had you ever heard of a practice where Himmler's closest "Knights" may have been awarded these SS caskets as a token of their special belonging to the Wewelsburg circle of Knights. Therefore, they were a one-time only "issue?"
                                No one else receiving them except the inner circle, if you will.

What about Michael's special cask - with alternate decorations?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X