Odd Runic and Rank Tabs Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tom,

I believe they are replicas, but the litzen stands a chance.

The runes are correctly (enough) formed, but should probably be machine embroidered which these don't appear to be. They almost look like they have an unterlagen overwhich someone handworked that yarn-like thread seen on many replicas.

The backs I believe doom both these pieces. The burlap backing is not correct, and the extensive sewing - both ends, and crossways up and down - is not like any tab pair I've seen. The color and thickness of the thread is not what you'd expect on an original pair.

Just my observations, but the cotton thread on the obverse which is common to many fakes and the poorly executed backs with incorrect backing material and thread would lead me to believe these are replicas.

s/f Robert

Comment

Goat

Awww..I was just trying to get your Goat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Awww..I was just trying to get your Goat.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So Doc, what about the litze?? Good litze is good for somehting, no???

Tom

Comment

I dont care for the litzen with the wide black center stripes.Ive never encountered them on any proven original tabs. Although similar appear in Angolias book. The runes are shaped like alot of fake runic tabs are and Ive never seen a period photo of anything like them.

Comment

litzen

Assuming the Litzen is good, what on Earth would you do with it? Perhaps that is a rhetorical question.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. Strangelove View Post
              assuming the litzen is good, what on earth would you do with it? Perhaps that is a rhetorical question.
              :d

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Assuming the Litzen is good, what on Earth would you do with it? Perhaps that is a rhetorical question.
                Sell it, of course. If someone can sell a blank backing with RZM tag, I'm sure original litze would sell too, or?

Tom

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X