Odd Runic and Rank Tabs Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Runic and Rank Tabs Opinions

I have had this set of runic and rank tabs for a few years. I got them in a large deal and didn't think much of them. But I would like some other opinions. Could these be foreign made tabs; i.e not German made, but maybe Dutch or something like that???

front:
    Attached Files

back:
    Attached Files

Comment

They could be fake.

Comment

Gee John, of course they could be fake. That is why I posted them for oppinions. Thanks for yours.

Tom

Comment

LOL, LOL I was thinking the same thing when I read the reply! I needed that this morning.

Comment

Colaar Tabs

They are reproductions. Using the "Links to Fake Threads & Threads of Interest", feature, I found enough similarities for the backing material on posts 147, 149, and 227 to consider them as fakes.

The runes' construction; both in execution, thread material, and application was also a heads up. Similar thread construction and material was found on posts 187 and 284.

Charles Betz

Comment

I meant they are fake.

Comment

No offense guys, but I was hoping to get some more opinions. There are certainly more SS insignia collectors than just you two. I notice that there have been a lot of lookers on this thread, but there seems to be some hesitation to state opinions, except for you two brave souls.

Charles, I don't see that these tabs are all that similar to the examples you showed, but wow, thanks for going through that long thread on fake insignia to look for similar examples.

BTW, what about the litze on the rank tab? Could that be real, even if the tabs themselves are not?

Thanks again for your opinions...

Tom

Comment

Okay

Well...like uh I didnt find them worthy of comment. El Bogus.

Comment

I think the rank litzen is original...

Comment

What I didn't like about them is the the grey thread is sewn up over the litzen.
                      I suppose it could have been done by a tailor, but I thought it strange.

But the runes themselves while odd, I can't condemn, I have seen some pics of some very "odd runes".

strange stuff is always hard call...
                      http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Well...like uh I didnt find them worthy of comment. El Bogus.
                        Strange, it is always nice to get your thoughful in-depth inciteful comments.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                          I think the rank litzen is original...
                          That would make them at least worth something.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jerry D View Post
                            What I didn't like about them is the the grey thread is sewn up over the litzen.
                            I suppose it could have been done by a tailor, but I thought it strange.

But the runes themselves while odd, I can't condemn, I have seen some pics of some very "odd runes".

strange stuff is always hard call...
                            But Jerry, the vicious gray thread does not show on the front. It is just playing around maliciously "behind the scenes", so the say.

Next time I see you I will show you these so you can have a better look.

Tom

Comment

just send them to me. (along with everything black & silver you have so I can compare....)
                              http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X