No announcement yet.

interesting SS insignia on a death card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added as a reference. Credit goes to as tagged!

SS-Gebirgsjäger-Ausbildungs und Ersatz-Batallion 6 (Hallein ) Ausbildungsort für Gebirgsjäger.
    Hallein is near Salzberg (Austria) and the "ausbildungs" unit was connected as a replacement and training school for Division Nord.

They also trained snipers!
    SS-Gebirgs-Scharfschützen-Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-Kompanie (bei AuE 6 Hallein).

It was picked up as a family lot, as the dealer states, together with a nice officer's quality flat wire "Regiment 11 "Reinhard Heydrich"
    cuff title (also listed), so reaffirming the connection with Nord!

Just WOW! Amazing John!
    These 2 should sell fast and keeping them together would be nice!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 10-04-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

HI Nick,

Thank you for posting the info on the unit.

The US vet was in the 42nd Infantry Division. There was also a metal (army style) cap edelweiss in the lot but that item may not have been related to these two piece, or it may have, nobody will know, as he brought back numerous items and has passed away. Also obtained was a single decal M42 SS helmet from this lot. I can not say if that was from the soldier who wore this patch (or the patch and cuff title together). I had forgotten that I posted on this thread back in 2009 and go figure 6 years later in 2015 I am back on the thread.

Thank you again.

John

Comment

Anyone has more pictures of this patch in wear or about the SS Geb Jag Ausb Ers Abt 6?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X