No announcement yet.

SS Allgemeine Mountain Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and a pic of the cap , but don't remember where or who is the owner, it's not mine
    Attached Files
    Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
    - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

tag...
      Attached Files
      Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
      - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Yes Pascal, I believe it is the same competition. Interestingly the SD men wear their standard black tunic for skiing as opposed to the black ski jacket.
        Here, in an earlier photo are members of the SS-TV wearing the black ski tunic with the button and strap wrist enclosure.
        Derek

Comment

Tag

Originally posted by Pascal Bernhard View Post
          tag...
          Looks like August Mueller made these, Size 57.

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
            Interestingly the SD men wear their standard black tunic for skiing as opposed to the black ski jacket.
            If you look at the pic in post 15, at the nearest guy, I think the cuffs are button up (but not an external strap- more like a standard EM "combat" type cuff). Also, there appears to be a provision for buttoning up the collar. I think that the humped-up GSSN tunic that was posted a while back my have used an original jacket of this type...

Comment

Looks like the cap I saw last year...Billbert

Comment

The black cap is or was Grant's cap. I'd love to see more photos of this one. Hopefully he'll be in touch soon.

Also, here's a green version as found on an old thread on GDF.

Great additional photos and info gentlemen. Keep it coming!

Derek, what is that name given to the erdgrau cap in the price list? I'm not so good at reading this script. Does it actualy say "ski"mutze?

Is there any mention of a Bergmutze in the lists at all? I have heard of RZM lables with "SS - Bergmutze" but never seen one. I'm fascinated by the similarities of these "ski" caps and regular Heer Bergmutzen, the only obvious difference being lack of grommets, so far.
                Also, why use an "SS feldmutze" tag in a cap described as a ski cap in the sports section of the price list? especialy when you have "SS - Bergmutze" labels which arguably would be a more accurate description of the cap?
                I must get hold of these catalogues. They are quite an eye opener and a pain the arse in equal measures!
                Attached Files

Comment

Alas no pic of the inside.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another spanner in the works. How would you describe this one?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting BenVk !! Billbert

Comment

hat

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                        Another spanner in the works. How would you describe this one?
                        That is the first pattern ski cap in probalbly earth grey? as Derek C. described with first pattern insignia, thats really rare.
                        Concerning the field grey mountain cap pictured, that is mine, it came with the Christian Tychsen grouping , a album of his that came with grouping shows them skiing in a number of different photos, so I think it was his ( size is also correct for him .
                        jim

Comment

Ben,
                          Not a spanner in the works but, as Jim points out, an earth gray ski cap. I believe I posted that particular photograph awhile back and the series of shots of that event shows a number of good views of that early gray ski cap.
                          The listing I posted does indeed say "Ski Cap" but later on various SS publications do indeed describe the cap as "Bergmuetze".
                          Arran,
                          With regard to the tunics I can assure you that the cuffs of an SS ski uniform have a external strap tightened by a button that was designed to prevent wind and snow entering.
                          By the way Jim, it's always great to see that cap.
                          Derek

Comment

Thanks Derek.

Jim, any chance of seeing the interior of your cap?

Comment

I know the thread is about the ski or mountain cap for the SS but here is a better view of the wrist attachment on the SS ski tunics I was referring to. It is easier to see on the earth grey ski tunic.
                              The black tunic had the normal tunic cut with the buttons exposed at the front whereas, as you can see here, the earth grey version had a fly front concealing them. In addition the grey version had lower patch pockets.
                              Derek

Comment

Ben,

The only pics that I could find on my computer where the ones already pictured. I will check all of my hard copy photos and see if I have others. The hat was purchased from a Veteran in Columbus Ohio. It was made of black tri-cot material, metal skull which was 1/52 marked, and the side eagle was the second type VT eagle. The inside had a thin leather sweatband around the whole interior , which it was cracked and torn in several spots. There was only the one SS tag (pictured). I did a trade deal with Martin Stiles a few years ago and who he sold it to I have no idea. Anyway, it was/is a very, very, rare hat. I had it for sale at a few shows and it seemed like no-one was that interested in it. IMHO I thought that it was reasonably priced for the rarity of the hat. Hope this helps for anyone trying to pursure in purchasing it.

regards, Grant

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X