SS TK honor ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lartiste View Post
    Provided that Don certified this ring, then the whole system of CoA's is dead and Don is either blind or is selling the CoA's.
    Absolutely agree Jan.

Here is just another of the several examples of Don's COA for fake rings; and the best thing is that Don himself said he made the COA for this fake:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=943638

When I started my researches I was told: "don't do it or you'll have the whole TK ring system against".
    That is what exactly happened. Then one by one almost all the TK rings collectors saw that all what was told us on rings was simply fake, with no one evidence.
    Now, as you know, there are only few still believing in Don's COA and the old myths, and they almost all are Don's little followers, scared that the whole system falls down...
    But the moment a crack forms in the system, the system itself has already collapsed.

What I do not understand then, why Don denied to paper the ring which is subject of this thread. Which seems to be good indeed.
    Only Don (and maybe his inner circle) knows the answer.
    But I can tell you my opinion: in those years there was a sort of "war" for the supremacy in TK ring field, maybe Don wanted simply keep his supremacy...

one must rely on his eyes, not CoA. But now collectors have to understand that they have to rely on their selves. And study the subject. I hope you will provide details concerning the 4 rings on the strip you are using in your book.
    Saint words.

About the rings yes, the 2 originals will be on the book, but it will be a totally revolutionary book, nothing in common with the old ones. The 2 fakes will not appear on it, no fakes will be showed, since if you understand the originals, you no need to see the fakes, and you no need "experts" or COAs anymore (and also because the book will have more than 300 pages...).

Finally I do not understand whether Don, but Andy also, were always working same way and internet disclosed their wrongdoing or whether something changed with age.
    You already know the answer.

In these last 2 years I was contacted several times from collectors, and they told me their stories and showed me rings, fakes with COAs, and much much more...
    The time to change the rules is arived.

PS: I want to show you some more pictures of the ring "with erased engraving"... It is a funny joke, nothing more.
    It is simply a poor cast fake someone removed the engraving from the rubber mold. Under magnification it is very clear it never had any engraving, the texture of the metal is the same it had when was taken out of the mold. No signs of erasing or corrosion.
    From my personal experience I also can tell you that to make this fake was not used the best rubber for jewelry, but a cheaper one. With a good rubber, you can obtain rings almost without any flaw (but of course smaller).
    Have a look and laugh.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Antonio Scapini; 01-16-2020, 11:14 AM.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
    - THE SS TK RING
    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

What amazes me is how does a man like DB become an expert on SS Honor rings in the first place? Self promotion? Wrote the book? Hell...his book "the bible" looks like a 5th grader put it together for a school project.

Comment

Originally posted by DALE ELLIS View Post
        ... Hell...his book "the bible" looks like a 5th grader put it together for a school project.
        I'm not the only person who thought that?

Comment

Originally posted by DALE ELLIS View Post
          What amazes me is how does a man like DB become an expert on SS Honor rings in the first place? Self promotion? Wrote the book? Hell...his book "the bible" looks like a 5th grader put it together for a school project.
          Having in hands over decades more original rings than anyone else, studying them when no one else even knew what they were and then writing the first book on the matter.

Releasing CoA that still represent a guarantee for SSHr buyers, in spite of a sh*t storm by which someone is attempting to delete Don's reputation.......with the purpose to become the new SShr Guru ?

The fun thing is that nowadays some self-promoted experts are ready to offer a "scientifical" answer to any request of authenticity, althought up to 5-6 years ago they were not able to recognize an original ring from a fake one........oh. I did forget, at the time they hadn't X-ray and microscope available

Ric

Comment

I cannot understand how/why Boyle keeps defending such bad/suspect specimens. The dug ring defense he used is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
              Absolutely agree Jan.

Here is just another of the several examples of Don's COA for fake rings; and the best thing is that Don himself said he made the COA for this fake:
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=943638

When I started my researches I was told: "don't do it or you'll have the whole TK ring system against".
              That is what exactly happened. Then one by one almost all the TK rings collectors saw that all what was told us on rings was simply fake, with no one evidence.
              Now, as you know, there are only few still believing in Don's COA and the old myths, and they almost all are Don's little followers, scared that the whole system falls down...
              But the moment a crack forms in the system, the system itself has already collapsed.
              The problem is that too many collectors risking to loose to much money.

Only Don (and maybe his inner circle) knows the answer.
              But I can tell you my opinion: in those years there was a sort of "war" for the supremacy in TK ring field, maybe Don wanted simply keep his supremacy...

In these last 2 years I was contacted several times from collectors, and they told me their stories and showed me rings, fakes with COAs, and much much more...
              The time to change the rules is arived.
              It looks like that time to time Don needed to burn out good ring in order to keep position of an only and sole expert who is able to recognize fake. Too bad for JR.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Ferrari View Post
                Having in hands over decades more original rings than anyone else, studying them when no one else even knew what they were and then writing the first book on the matter.
                Studying them?
                And where are these studies available?
                The book he wrote is, like others said and I agree, totally useless. A childish work.

Releasing CoA that still represent a guarantee for SSHr buyers, in spite of a sh*t storm by which someone is attempting to delete Don's reputation.......with the purpose to become the new SShr Guru ?
                For you are a guarantee, for the rest of collectors are a piece of paper, as Gaspare said, useful for children to let them drawing.
                No sh*tstorm at all: simply facts, he made COAs for fake rings, many, and everybody know this. But you ca go on asking him COAs via email. He will give you even without seeing the ring!!!
                You can be a sheep for all your life, but I think collectors no need any "expert" that decide what is good and what is bad without any evidence. If you are blind don't ask the others to cover their eyes like you do. Be a sheep by your own.

The fun thing is that nowadays some self-promoted experts are ready to offer a "scientifical" answer to any request of authenticity, althought up to 5-6 years ago they were not able to recognize an original ring from a fake one........oh. I did forget, at the time they hadn't X-ray and microscope available

Ric
                5-6 years ago I published a book on TK rings. 3 years ago I stopped believing the myths you are still believing.
                Maybe years ago I was not able to recognize a good from a bad, that is possible, but you were not able 5-6 years ago, and you are not still now! This is why you are crying seeing what is happening around you and are desperately trying to stop the truth!
                If I 'm not mistaken nor you, nor Don or anyone of your ghost experts (who and where are they now? Are you alone Ric?!?) have ever published a decent research or post.
                And when I made 3 years ago a thread on microanalysys you said that was great! Now you try do dismiss it (without any result it seems..) I forgot your well known coherence...
                Do you know why nor you nor your invisible experts never made a decent research or post?
                The reason is quite simple: you can't prove ANYTHING of all your useless, fantasy theories...
                You are alone Ric, and your words are like your posts: empty and totally useless.

Maybe someone would pay you attention if you ever decide to show some researches...

Ps: in the upcoming book you will find not only scientifical evidences, but historical data, period magazines and much much more. To make a research takes years, the best you can do is spent a minute writing behind a screen a useless post. This is why you are not believable.

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Ric
                  Ric,

please even you must understand that your arguments are baseless.

1. The expert is expert provided that he reasons the expert opinion the way that other expert may review the expert opinion with same conclusion.

2. The word of an expert is not word of god. Therefore questioning the word of expert is not blasphemy.

3. Unfortunately we, even I, sometimes judge who says the opinion instead of the opinion itself. Very clear in this thread when Craig Gottlieb tried to represent common sense and his ass was kicked.

4. Do I understand your argument correctly that longer one is engaged in honor rings, better expert he is? I purchased my first honor ring 1999, when did you?

5. The best book on the subject is Martin’s book, at least it demonstrates detailed photos of 27 rings, unfortunately in obscure language. I really appreciate that Martin trusts in himself and financed the book, outstanding photos and outstanding paper on which the book is printed. Don’s book is very poor, the photos are awful and the paper is bad joke. Unfortunately Don didn’t trust in his book and did not invest necessary money.

6. Your description of Don is description of promoter not expert. Don introduced the rings to US collectors and I understand that his CoA’s helped the market to move on. But it is work of promoter, not expert.

7. Finally to hide behind argument, that certain ring is dug out is wrong when you are dealing with European audience since e.g. in CZ 90% rings are dug out and therefore it is well documented how dug out rings look like.

Jan

Comment

.......5-6 years ago I published a book on TK rings. 3 years ago I stopped believing the myths you are still believing.
                    Maybe years ago I was not able to recognize a good from a bad, that is possible, but you were not able 5-6 years ago......
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=fritzel

Just to refresh your memory and to show that being a book author do not mean being an expert.

Ric

P.S. since Don's CoA is like toilet paper, Fritzel ring could be an obvious fake....anyway it will stay in my collection

Comment

wow!, Wish some of you guys would just bury the hatchet [and not in each others head!]

Couple quick things. -
                      Dons book was written a long time ago. Nothing was available. You had a famous author writing in his book 'there are probably less than 20 Honor Rings in the world'. So when Don shopped his book around to publishers guess what kind of interest there was in it?! None.
                      True while there is not good info about the manufacture of the HR there is a lot of good and interesting info in it. See with a publisher they help you,,editing, explain where you need to expand etc. Don had none of it. He published and printed it locally and thinking it would go around the world , yes, basic, double spaced etc etc but done for all to understand. Award criteria, award dates,quantities, reissues etc. Things none of us have seen nor read before.! For me a true pioneer... BUT, not infallible.

Andy. He is more family than friend.. A long time collector, old school. Those that have spoke to him knows he's brutally honest and has a lot of knowledge and experience. These older collectors collected everything in site! They put their faith in experts. Don, Wittman,W&H,etc. Collectors still do it,,whats a Niemann cert going to mean 20 yr from now for your Flock EK1?!.
                      Everyone is going to do what they want.. You don't like something,,don't buy it,,you do, get it!

'2020',, the good vision year. There's a new book coming for this ring. Hard science playing a big part, something new for us. I'm glad,,no gurus, fee's, misunderstandings.. In the end,,its a cool ring,,pure history, Himmler, the SS,,there will always be something mysterious about the Honor Ring,,sorry for the rant

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=fritzel

Just to refresh your memory and to show that being a book author do not mean being an expert.

Ric

P.S. since Don's CoA is like toilet paper, Fritzel ring could be an obvious fake....anyway it will stay in my collection
                        Poor Ric, Mr. Die stricking, flat band ring, Mr. "someone call me Expert",...
                        Of course as usual, you are not able to answer, not able to make a decent post, not able to read more than the 3 words togheter... And when you have nothing to say, what remains you? Only try to move discussion on personal attacks...

Ok, I spend some minutes to reply: that thread is nice for the reasons I always said: no one answered to my questions and was really time to change all the fake things we belived.

I clearly write: 3 years ago I stopped believing the old school idiocies.
                        Everything matches. Furthermore I've never said I'm an expert or that I want to be. On the contrary you ABSOLUTELY NEED an expert, being his servant!!!

I'm fighting to stop people like you and to delete the word "expert" from this field. Everyone MUST be an expert by his own. The "Experts" along with your silent submission and believing to fake theories, fake COAs, absurd stories, is what ruined this field of collecting.
                        This is why I spent the last years studying period papers, studing all the possible way of production, analyzing tens of rings, making tests and spending thousands $.

I'm sure if I ask you how many different types of rings were made, you are not able to reply (as for all the rest of the questions...).
                        I can, and I can since I stopped to think in the ridiculous scheme of the old myths!

I changed my mind several times, in several fields. I always said and I will always say that! And then, what is the problem?
                        (Last time that I change my mind was about the Anti-Partisan Badge production, I wrote a book on the subject in 2015, and I made a mistake in the production process, I just realized it last year... This means I was not happy with the explanation I gave, and I went on with the research, until the truth came out!).

You were and still are a poor follower of Don, with no personal ideas, you never made a decent research or post, you have imaginary experts friends that no one but you know and mention, you wanted act like a servant, you still do, and you'll always do. Nothing interesting will ever come from you.

PS: about your rings: which are those Don gave you the COA simply asking it via email as you told me?

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                          wow!, Wish some of you guys would just bury the hatchet [and not in each others head!]
                          I agree entirely with my learned colleague. As someone who respects both of you I find it a particularly unedifying spectacle.

Ian

Comment

<hr style="color:#181B16; background-color:#181B16" size="1"> I am not surprised with the COA´s about the rings, even with the copy COA´s floating around. Same with Gottliebs HR book or just remember the Champagne SS decals even puplished from so called über Expert.
                            I knew the sky high rocket prices even close to 2 decades ago is a no go rather a big laugh for the rings.

Comment

Couple quick things. -
                              Dons book was written a long time ago. Nothing was available. You had a famous author writing in his book 'there are probably less than 20 Honor Rings in the world'. So when Don shopped his book around to publishers guess what kind of interest there was in it?! None.
                              True while there is not good info about the manufacture of the HR there is a lot of good and interesting info in it. See with a publisher they help you,,editing, explain where you need to expand etc. Don had none of it. He published and printed it locally and thinking it would go around the world , yes, basic, double spaced etc etc but done for all to understand. Award criteria, award dates,quantities, reissues etc. Things none of us have seen nor read before.! For me a true pioneer... BUT, not infallible.
                              Just to note - Martin Toman selfpublished his book, why Don did not? Don's book is the most expensive one among all 4 published until now, but is definitely not worth of it.

Andy. He is more family than friend.. A long time collector, old school. Those that have spoke to him knows he's brutally honest and has a lot of knowledge and experience. These older collectors collected everything in site! They put their faith in experts. Don, Wittman,W&H,etc. Collectors still do it,,whats a Niemann cert going to mean 20 yr from now for your Flock EK1?!.
                              I discussed Niemann and his certificates during autumn. In Europe they are worth of toilet paper. Too many problems, too many fakes.

Comment

I would like to kindly note other fake ring with Don Boyle's CoA.

http://forum.germandaggers.com/~germ...tml#Post345210

Four our archive:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X