Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the russian soldier sweeping up medal display boxes??Billbert

Comment

Looks like all differnt kinds even RK boxes...ill bet they were burnt or buried in a dump somewhere. I know there is much original nazi stuff in our dumps here, as ive seen things thrown away as a kid.
      Yes the question was, did all look original...They had it all, and blew it , although they still have the standards at least, and i was hopin they would send some across eastern poland when the wall collapsed so we could give them better homes. But none ever materialized. They never knew this stuff would end up one of the world most sought after collectibles. Most of what they have comes from the ground. They must have burned all the crosses, and melted down the helmets on the tops of the markers. has anybody ever talked to any russians that worked obliterating the germans traces that they were there after the war ended?

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
        Looks like all differnt kinds even RK boxes...ill bet they were burnt or buried in a dump somewhere. I know there is much original nazi stuff in our dumps here, as ive seen things thrown away as a kid.
        Yes the question was, did all look original...They had it all, and blew it , although they still have the standards at least, and i was hopin they would send some across eastern poland when the wall collapsed so we could give them better homes. But none ever materialized. They never knew this stuff would end up one of the world most sought after collectibles. Most of what they have comes from the ground. They must have burned all the crosses, and melted down the helmets on the tops of the markers. has anybody ever talked to any russians that worked obliterating the germans traces that they were there after the war ended?
        A few standards made it here at that time. Doubt they will ever see the light of day though.

Joe

Comment

I ran that foto up close and thats ALL award boxes and medals ..probably berlin at reich chancellary..You can see an eagle order hanging out of the box onto steps edge and a knights cross resting in a open case...
          Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
            I heard that place got robbed by employees long time ago and all originals were replaced with crapy fakes.
            Well the museum itself has an interesting history. It is called "the Museum of the Heroic Defence of Leningrad. Post 1945 it was a giant complex with 3 buildings and tanks etc. in the courtyards but Stalin had it dismantled and obliterated because he did not wan't it to be a unifying rally point for anti Stalin revolutionaries as it was a symbol of Leningrads ability to resist domination. Lenningrad was where he feared opposition to his power to come from. So it was only re opened in 1989 I believe and had to aquire new items for display. Makes sense there would be many fakes.

I will post some more pics from there.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X