Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the russkys waited too long to be interested in collecting anything german, as they hated them for what they did to the civilians , let alone the russian soldiers. They could have really had it all if at the time they had warehoused the things the germans left in retreat. Now they are playing fake makers, and catchup by robbing graves. One russian i spoke with says they are cracking down on flea market sales of nazi items, and manufacturing of fake stuff also whenever they can, but he may have been exagerrating. Did you go to any markets and see any nazi stuff for sale there while visiting?? Ive been told its dangerous to travel there without a interpreter. Whats the real truth if you happen to have an opinion on the subject to share? Thanks....Im suprised at the condition, and the crudely hand stitched on collar tabs on the first uniform.

Comment

There were a few more uniforms there as well, if anyone wants me to post more pics let me know.

Comment

Sure why not, its a look into a place few here will ever see, we do appreciate your sharing the photos with us all, i know i do. Did everything look original to you when you were there?

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
            Looks like the russkys waited too long to be interested in collecting anything german, as they hated them for what they did to the civilians , let alone the russian soldiers. They could have really had it all if at the time they had warehoused the things the germans left in retreat. Now they are playing fake makers, and catchup by robbing graves. One russian i spoke with says they are cracking down on flea market sales of nazi items, and manufacturing of fake stuff also whenever they can, but he may have been exagerrating. Did you go to any markets and see any nazi stuff for sale there while visiting?? Ive been told its dangerous to travel there without a interpreter. Whats the real truth if you happen to have an opinion on the subject to share? Thanks....Im suprised at the condition, and the crudely hand stitched on collar tabs on the first uniform.
            It is not at all dangerous to travel here! We have gone from Vladivostok to Moscow and St. Petersburg with no trouble and no interpreter.

I have been to a few fleamarkets and the Nazi items I have seen have been mostly bad fakes. Enough so that I can tell even with stuff I have almost no experience in. Some of the stuff in the museums looked like it had a chance, but I don't know SS cloth from a moon rock! Are the items I posted also all bad?

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              Sure why not, its a look into a place few here will ever see, we do appreciate your sharing the photos with us all, i know i do. Did everything look original to you when you were there?
              Do you mean did the items in the museums look real to me?

Comment

I see lots of Repro stuff there , the tunic is a put together 'Heeres' one with visible eagle on the chest.

Comment

The only things I see which are original are the BeVo rune tab and (possibly) the straps, although there appears to be another cufftitle ... perhaps 'Frw Legion Niederlande' ? The rest is typical museum repro junk.

Ian.

Comment

"museum"

I've seen more REAL stuff at TRD !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                      I've seen more REAL stuff at TRD !!!
                      OUCH!!! That's bad!!!

Agree with folks posting ahead of me... lots of fake stuff. They had all of this stuff for many years and dispersed a lot of it to smaller museums. They also destroyed TONS of this stuff because they had TOO MUCH of it. Now they have to resort to displaying BADLY faked stuff.

And of course, with ALL such museums, they are the absolute EXPERTS in everything they display, so of course everything was 100% original.

Bob

Comment

Looted

Looks like that place has been robbed, looted and switched out of anything decent.

Comment

Especially the Russian collectors must nowadays be heartbroken to see that even their museums traded off the good stuff to the West many years ago . How hard can it be to find at least one ORIGINAL swastika flag ? At least they still have the Standarte in Moscow . Or do they ?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                              The only things I see which are original are the BeVo rune tab and (possibly) the straps
                              Ian, I am not so sure after all these fakes but maybe have any chance as the Heer tunic.
                              Luca
                              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

I heard that place got robbed by employees long time ago and all originals were replaced with crapy fakes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X