Estonian Collar Tab

Would appreciate opinions on this tab.

many thanks

Tom
    Attached Files

Reverse

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure if yours is good or not (to me it looks ok, but I'n not an expert), but you can check out this link: http://www.wehrmacht.pri.ee/foorum/p...pic.php?t=5026 There's one nice 100% original found a month ago in Estonia together with the pics of original owner.

Comment

Originally posted by gnadenlose View Post
        I'm not sure if yours is good or not (to me it looks ok, but I'n not an expert), but you can check out this link: http://www.wehrmacht.pri.ee/foorum/p...pic.php?t=5026 There's one nice 100% original found a month ago in Estonia together with the pics of original owner.
        the stitching looks a little bit different but the black wool is the same.so i think its a good one but its ONLY my opinion.the experts can help you

Comment

I think its a good one!

Comment

Looks good to me, but I know that there are some good fakers in Estonia!

Comment

i'm not an expert or anything but i've seen maybe 10 of these in my short life and i was happy to find one about a week ago. there are some details on the tab posted here which i haven't seen before.

1. black cloth texture is different of the ones i have seen.
              2. E and the sword looks different from all the tabs i have seen before - there are ofcourse minor differences on every tab but the one posted here is very different.

so in my opinion the tab posted here is a fake one.

here are some examples of 100% original 1. pattern tabs from different estonian collections.

and here is a photo of the black backing material texture ...

Last edited by Sturmmann; 03-11-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Really nice tabs, Sturmmann!

Comment

Some very nice tabs,Your tab looks original to me Tom.
                  Cheers
                  Dave.

Comment

i showed the picture of the tab to the biggest collector in estonia and he also said it's fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmmann View Post
                      i showed the picture of the tab to the biggest collector in estonia and he also said it's fake.
                      I do not say it´ heres the case, but a big collection does´t have to mean big knowledge.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks all for your contributions. The lack of consensus mirrors my own uncertainty.

Sturmann - can you name the collector whom you referred to?

Are there any more expert opinions?

thanks again

Tom

Comment

his name is tammiksaar.

I do not say it´ heres the case, but a big collection does´t have to mean big knowledge.
                          that is true.

but the fact is that the backing material and the embroidery is not what you would expect from original 1. pattern tab.

my advice for You is that there is no point of paying more than 20€ for this tab.

Comment

Subject tab

I agree, there are too many differences between the subject tab and the posted originals.
                            Peter
                            Last edited by PMan; 03-12-2009, 07:40 AM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

Thanks Sturmann, I know of Leo Tammiksaar's reputation.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X