Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well did you tell Karl or didn't you? According to you he said you never told him.. Here is your last PM to me below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > User Control Panel > Private Messages > Inbox
    Re: cut off WSS insignia
    Welcome, Glenn McInnes.

Re: cut off WSS insignia
    Today, 01:26 PM
    sdkfz247
    Association Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glenn -

As expected, Karl is doing some damage control and claiming he didn't know the story about the cap. He's a full time dealer so this is to be expected... it's his livelihood.

I DID tell him the whole story which is why he wanted to look at the insignia in hand first. I am in the clear.

Has an item on Karl's site ever been brought up as suspicious here before?

Mike

Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Glenn -

I thought the "P" in PM meant private, not public.

Karl is a friend of mine and he is an honest guy, but as I said he is trying to do some understandable damage control here. He didn't say "Mike lied to me about this insignia" and I don't expect that he will.

All I know is that I didn't do anything wrong here, and Karl never told any big stories about the insignia on his site... and once it was criticized he removed it from sale. If somebody had bought it and was unhappy later, he would have gotten a full refund. I don't think Karl has any unhappy customers.

BUT AGAIN... I didnd't do anything wrong here. If this devolves into "he said, she said" then just look at the fact that there are NO complaints about anything I have ever sold on the e-stand.

Mike

Comment

I did not expect you to say that you did not tell him, as you deal in this stuff as well.

Most of your items are on Estand or have been on Estand,then why did you not sell these cut off insignia on Estand?

Ever heard the words "what a tangled web we weave"? I am sure you know the rest.

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by sdkfz247 View Post
          Glenn -

and Karl never told any big stories about the insignia on his site... and once it was criticized he removed it from sale. If somebody had bought it and was unhappy later, he would have gotten a full refund.

Mike

Buyer Beware!

Comment

There is a whole collecting world OUTSIDE the e-stand Glenn.

This is indeed a tangled web but that doesn't make me a lying scumbag that should be hung from a lamp post.

Karl is a really good dealer and my guess is that it was a misunderstanding or something on his part. He'll have to tell you - I can't read his mind. This transaction was one of HUNDREDS he deals with all day long.

Mike

Comment

There is a whole collecting world OUTSIDE the e-stand Glenn.

This transaction was one of HUNDREDS he deals with all day long.

Mike

One of Hundreds? Each day??........The top 3 miltaria dealers in the world I don't think have Hundreds of transactions a day. Not in this market. JMO
              But Karl does?
              Ok that's when we hear that this one "got by his staff" right?

The reason I'm a little piXXed here is that I can see myself getting stuck with this humped up piece of junk and being none the wiser.

Regards.
              -wagner-

Comment

You said in your PM to me (that I posted) that Karl DID NOT not know about the insignia being post war sewn when you sold it to him.

Glenn

Comment

Wags -

The insignia is real, nobody questions that. The application to the wool (sold to me as a REAL cap) was done post-war.

What is the market value difference between the insignia unsewn to the wool vs. sewn to the wool? I do not collect WSS so I can't even guess. If it was Heer insignia I'd say that it would be worth about fifty to a hundred dollars more to a guy that collects cut-offs.

Mike

Comment

"You said in your PM to me (that I posted) that Karl DID NOT not know about the insignia being post war sewn when you sold it to him."

No Sir, you misunderstood me and I guess I should have been more clear. He never said that to me because we DID talk about the restoration of the cap prior to me sending him the insignia.

What I meant was that Karl has posted ON HIS SITE that: "I have been informed that this insignia was recently posted on the WA forum before it was sewn on the cap, and for that reason I am removing it form my offerings."

He is implying that he didn't know before hand, and that is what I meant. We absolutely talked about it so I am chalking it up to a misundersatnding on his part.

Mike

Comment

So you are saying now that you told him about the insignia being post war sewn and that he forgot to mention it in his description before listing it for sale.

You already said in a PM to me,which I posted here that Karl is saying he knew nothing about this insignia.

Glenn

Comment

"So you are saying now that you told him about the insignia being post war sewn and that he forgot to mention it in his description before listing it for sale."

Yes!! I am saying that NOW and I said that from the start.

Mike

Comment

"So you are saying now that you told him about the insignia being post war sewn and that he forgot to mention it in his description before listing it for sale."

Yes!! I am saying that NOW and I said that from the start.

Mike

Karl does not seem to think so according to you...Read post #61.

Glenn

Comment

Glenn -

I explained that a few posts ago.

You have made it clear to everybody you have a personal problem with me and I think it's also clear that this is motivating you on this issue.

I discussed it with Karl, sent it to him for his inspection, he listed it on his site with HIS description, he pulled it when people criticized it, and that is that.

The insignia is real, the cap is thought by some major collectors to be real, so the economic difference here is the value of DETACHED insignia versus sewn to a piece of wool. The "damages" here would have been that financial difference, and because Karl is the seller, not ME and it was not even on consignment... I think there is nothing more for me to say that hasn't already been said.

Mike

Comment

Obviously the major collectors you mention had no sway on your decision to cut the hat up into pieces....I believe some knowledgeable collectors also told you they did not like that hat before you even purchased it.

I would like to hear Karl's side of the story.

Glenn

Comment

On so many levels this thread belongs in the "Gallery of Wrongness" currently running in Die Kneipe. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X