ss cuff title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cuff title

Hi DR I am sadened that you where not right,but then again it is aways the same with you so called experts,know nothing ,pass this on to new collectors and frighten them out of their lives,Regards Joe.

Comment

Fright

Joey, I am very sorry if I frightened you.

Comment

cufftitle

I have this same cufftitle in my collection, that said, it came out of Czechoslovakia in 1990 with the large hoard of ss items (standards, hats ETC) the band is for the Oberabschnite formed in 1944, the lettering for Oberabschnites can be in both block lettering and gothic, the band construction is typical "German" style, lettering on back has the whitish highlite , correct color and thread. To my knowledge this is the only pattern it is made in ? This is the second one I have seen in 20 years. I doubt the fakers would have wasted a good blank cufftitle on this unit (Bohmem-Mahren)
        Certainly I would like to hear any rebutal Consular???
        so I must stand with Bob Hritz and Peter Jenkins on this one .

Comment

Jim,

Thank you. I know you have the band, which I have always wanted. We both saw the photo held by an East Coast dealer. I tried and tried to buy that photo, just like I tried to buy your title.

I hope you can post a photo to make my day!

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Apology

My only rebuttal is to apologize to Joey! Nice Band. And exceedingly rare. The theory on wasting good band material on this Unit also makes sense. I am glad to be wrong.

PM Sent apoligizing to Joey.

Comment

Joey,

Your title does not look like an original. It looks like a Ken Kane (Austria) copy from the late 1960s to 1970s.

Perhaps Jim Toncar will be kind enough to post an original.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Bohmem

Bob here is my cufftitle, I always wondered what happened to that picture, I agree with you on the first example posted ( from the picture)
                jim
                Attached Files

Comment

Jim,

I believe he still has it. We must put our effort into getting it when we see him at the SOS.

Bob Hritz

Comment

ss title

Reverse of title
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bob

Bob, I think your right that there is a foto of this Band in use with all Caps. I am racking my Brain trying to remember where I saw it. Jim, nice Band. Ah the foto is unpublished and in private hands.
                      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 01-06-2009, 11:43 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Cuff Title

"Dear Mr Betz Is it by any chance you have seen another cuff title that is the same as this one,somebody out of the blue made it to represent what?have you ever seen a copy of this,if so photos are needed.it is not good enough to put some half arsed photos from somebodys book to prove your point,dear sir may I say you know nothing.Regards Joe"

The same cuff title? No. However, I have seen enough of those similarly constructed; such as yours, of other units to know that they are fakes.

My post was to offer similar examples of the shoddy workmanship that characterized your offering for discussion. As for the reference listed, I find it to be quite good and reliable. Have you published any books on Third Reich materials? If so, please list them.

Also, I find your your castigation of Dr. Strangelove completley unwarranted. He has been a contributer to this forum and posted examples from his collection so that we may all benefit.

Charles Betz

Comment

Joey,

I do not think that anyone here, especially Charles Betx, was intending to cause you any suffering or trouble. The posts were educational and with good intentions to advise you to seek the knowledge that will keep you, in the future, from making costly mistakes.

While there is some kidding over sertain fakes, no one here made any light of your inexperience.

It is better to search the forum for examples of original, as well as fake, insignia, if you choose not to buy the books. There is wonderful information here and we all work to keep as ciurrent as possible.

Good collecting,
                          Bob Hritz

Comment

Everyone one knows that Dr. Strangelove is a jolly prankster. He was just making light of a grim situation with a little levity. Sadly...his cuff title is an obvious fake because they was no "SIR" in front of William Wallace. Nice bullion work though, but, please...be more serious and stop scaring people. Amen...

Richard

Comment

The Truth

Well, Joey's bad Cufftitle aside, what really scared him was "William Wallace". He scared a lot of Englishmen.

I learned something I did not know about Boehmen-Maehren and got to see Jim's wonderful Cufftitle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X