Opinion please of a cloth Jewish star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch

No, of course it's not SS cloth, per se. But what is the harm of asking our knowledgable members their opinions on an item that is related to the SS? There's certainly a connection. As for authenticity, the advice to beware of such items is good advice. Due to the rarity of such items, and the proliferation of fakes, one should be very wary. A little known fact is that at the end of the war, the SS guards and the inmates often nostagically traded insignias with each other as keepsakes to remind them of their time together.

Comment

Hi.

This one looks good to me.
      I have one original similar build up in the same way with paper inside.
      Most of the fakes do not have this paper inside. (Not yet).

Derek

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.
        To me it looks good too and it looks almost identical to the one Derek has.
        Also this one has the paper inside. Hopefully I can make a good deal.

Thanks again

Marcel

Comment

Hi clevischi,

I understand your opinion. But here in Holland they are not that rare as they probabley are in Brazil. If Marcel can get the information about the origin he could really have an original. I can look at about 10/15 originals (directly form familys with history) at home, and I know some repro paterns too, most repro's do have the letter style like this one, but I give it a good chance.

They are worth about 200/300 euro's here....

Marcel Succes!

Comment

Opinion please of a cloth Jewish

[QUOTE=A little known fact is that at the end of the war, the SS guards and the inmates often nostagically traded insignias with each other as keepsakes to remind them of their time together. [/QUOTE]

SGSTANDARD, Would you be so kind as to elaborate on your statement, and enlighten everyone here where in G-d's name and what trailer park have you learned this fact? I have been interested and studied the Holocaust in secondary school and in college at Columbia University. I have read a fair amount of scholarly works and oral histories, I have spoken to many survivors and camp liberators, as well as studied accounts of the guards and camp officials, and never have I come across such a ludicrous and delirious fact ! OR IS THIS STATEMENT SOME SORT OF A SICK JOKE ON YOUR PART ?
            Last edited by DKNYC71; 12-17-2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Hi SG......

SGSTANDARD, Would you be so kind as to elaborate on your statement, and enlighten everyone here where in G-d's name and **** ******* **** have you learned this fact?
              ......I'm wondering the same thing. Please enlighten.

Comment

A little known fact is that at the end of the war, the SS guards and the inmates often nostagically traded insignias with each other as keepsakes to remind them of their time together.
                Oh, you mean like at Dachau where on their day of liberation the inmates killed fourty or so guards with shovels or their bare hands? "Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never enddd..."

Comment

Sorry for my ignorant comments last night i dont know what i was thinking its just this is an ss forum and these stars always seems so phoney and to reproduce it to make money seems so lame.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                    No, of course it's not SS cloth, per se. But what is the harm of asking our knowledgable members their opinions on an item that is related to the SS? There's certainly a connection. As for authenticity, the advice to beware of such items is good advice. Due to the rarity of such items, and the proliferation of fakes, one should be very wary. A little known fact is that at the end of the war, the SS guards and the inmates often nostagically traded insignias with each other as keepsakes to remind them of their time together.
                    yes.thay even traded candy bars together.because thay were so happy
                    Last edited by wh014d4394; 12-18-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                      A little known fact is that at the end of the war, the SS guards and the inmates often nostagically traded insignias with each other as keepsakes to remind them of their time together.
                      This is simply humor, guys, nothing to get uptight about. Sometimes it doesn't translate well over the internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                        This is simply humor, guys, nothing to get uptight about. Sometimes it doesn't translate well over the internet...
                        YOU SURE??? THIS IS THE BEST JOKE. I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE i can just see it now.hay bud.i will trade you my nice ss eagle for your star
                        Last edited by wh014d4394; 12-18-2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Opinion please of a cloth Jewish star

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                          My good man if you think this is simple humor, then you and anyone else who finds this humorous, has one sick demented mind. It is people like yourself who give the rest of us TR SS collectors a bad image and forces others to often look upon us as Nazi ideology sympathizers. Perhaps you should take this sort of humor to your local neo-nazi rally or a white supremacist outing, but not on this respectable collectors forum.

Comment

Originally posted by DKNYC71 View Post
                            My good man if you think this is simple humor, then you and anyone else who finds this humorous, has one sick demented mind. It is people like yourself who give the rest of us TR SS collectors a bad image and forces others to often look upon us as Nazi ideology sympathizers. Perhaps you should take this sort of humor to your local neo-nazi rally or a white supremacist outing, but not on this respectable collectors forum.
                            Oh, please! First of all, I didn't say I thought it was funny, I simply identified it as the humorous remark it was intended to be. Furthermore, even if it did make me smirk slightly I don't see how that warrants your suggestion that either I or SGSTANDARD are neo-nazis. Its OK if Larry David makes a stab at a Holocaust joke? I like a good gay joke, but that doesn't make me a homophobe. I think you need to lighten up a little...maybe try smoking a joint or something...

ps. I'm not a "TR SS collector" like you, I collect Imperial- I just like hangin out in this forum

Comment

PLEASE - PLEASE- PLEASE STOP THIS CRAP
                              They only thing I wanted was an opinion about a cloth jewish star ,nothing more and nothing less ,and now it ended in a never ending story about somebodies sense of humor.

Please keep this forum as it was created for.
                              Just change information which helped everybody to collect what they want.

I would like to thank everybody for there opinion.

END OF THIS THREAD

MERRY X-MAS

MArcel

Comment

Beerlover

Well I tried to warn everyone about displaying these Stars here, this always happens. Now it has degenerated into name calling and finger pointing, once again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X