X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion please of a cloth Jewish star

Hi guy's

I can buy this cloth jewish star.
    Can anybody tell me if this one is original or a fake ??
    If it is original what would be a reasonable price ??

Thanks
    Marcel
    Attached Files

And a picture of the back
    Attached Files

Comment

Star

Go to "SEARCH" and see what you can find. They have been discussed in length, with original examples being shown.

Comment

why someone would want these is beyond me,its neither cool aesthetically or in what it stands for.Unless it belonged to a family member as a keepsake type thing,why would one want these in a collection?Its not only not ss cloth but a sickening thing to have historic or not ,and its also boring.Its neither military,or party, it should be buried along with the memories.im sure ill get flak for that statement but it is what i think.I love tr stuff but collecting this jewish stuff like stars and the rags they wore...... why????history history some will say!well why not collect dirt then.

Comment

i wasnt condemning jewish people or comparing there stuff to dirt i just mean people use history as a copout for collecting junk,or things they think are cool that are not.This stuff was associated with an awful thing,i know the ss were too but thats militaria this stuff is not,unless your jewish or a holocaust researcher why would a passing collector want this stuff.its sad,

Comment

If we go further in this kind of discussions then there will be no end.
            What they did to the jewish people is ofcourse unacceptabe but this has nothing to do with collecting stuff.

Comment

wewelsburg chill, sheesh.
              It is historic [assuming genuine], a legitimate collectable.
              I wouldn't want one, or most any other cloth for that matter.
              Also not into stamps, baseball cards or snorkeling, I'm not going to slam the people who are though.
              Since the end of WW2 the holocaust has been marketed, it should surprise no one that there is a demand for items associated with it.

Comment

It looks OK!

There are lots of repro's today. There are printed one's, oversized examples (movie production) and the repro's of www.jewishmemory.info > take a look, all items are sold as originals but are bad fakes. This is something that makes me sick, faking these parts of history

We have about 10 originals at home in the collection of my father's museum, and I believe that these are important to show visitors what happened in that years. And what everything saw happening, and most did nothing against. Don't burry the bad parts of our history.....

Regards, Jim

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                  why would one want these in a collection?Its not only not ss cloth but a sickening thing to have historic or not ,and its also boring..
                  And a lot of people think that collecting SS stuff is really sick..
                  For me SS award or David's star is piece of history..
                  If someone wants them in their collection - why not??
                  I believe the question was is it original or not..
                  Last edited by cysior; 12-17-2008, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Offended

Well I am not offended and People can sell what they want, but this is an SS Cloth and Insignia Forum, not a "Star of David" authentication Forum. That is my only complaint. This is not a piece of SS Insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Well I am not offended and People can sell what they want, but this is an SS Cloth and Insignia Forum, not a "Star of David" authentication Forum. That is my only complaint. This is not a piece of SS Insignia.
                      I agree with Dr. I can help here anothers collectors with some ss cloth insignia but i have no idea abaut jewish stars

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                        why someone would want these is beyond me,its neither cool aesthetically or in what it stands for.Unless it belonged to a family member as a keepsake type thing,why would one want these in a collection?Its not only not ss cloth but a sickening thing to have historic or not ,and its also boring.Its neither military,or party, it should be buried along with the memories.im sure ill get flak for that statement but it is what i think.I love tr stuff but collecting this jewish stuff like stars and the rags they wore...... why????history history some will say!well why not collect dirt then.
                        Your comments are so hypocritical. Do you object to collecting a camp guard uniform? Soldbuch? It looks "cool" so it is collect worthy? How about an original einsatz gruppen report on how many Jews executed in a particular action? Throw it away?

For those who say this isn't the right forum , it is the closest to right we have considering that the Jews didn't want to wear these but were ordered to. They are practically ss cloth, under the circumstances.

Comment

[QUOTE=Its neither military,or party, it should be buried along with the memories.[/QUOTE]

Probarly the most stupid and ignorant comment I have ever read on this site. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad

Yet another oxygen theif on Waf

Comment

This is as good as place as any to discuss this item. It is a part of SS history.

Comment

Originally posted by mgschutze View Post
                              It looks OK!
                              Beware, my friend.

There are many of these ones in market and almost 99% are fakes. The printing style is compatible of a real one - but just it is not suficient to say if its good or not.
                              The best method to determine the authenticity of this kind of artefact is to know its source of origin. And its a matter os statistic that this item has only 1% chance to be good.
                              Some of holocaust itens have come to my hands - some put me in doubt about if it is real or not, some are bad fakes - but at any doubts the best choice is say "no".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X