SS banner opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
    Cincy, the sewing job on yours shows a much higher degree of workmanship and effort, I dont think that is reflected in the sewing job on the other piece.
    I see what you mean.

Cincylance

Comment

Cincylance,

A Lager Fahne exactly like your was posted in this thread a while back.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222026

I also posted my Lager Fahne but never received any feedback. My Fahne is constructed very much like yours but with a different maker stamping. The runes are constructed of a cotton type material and the ends are nicely folded over and stitched very neatly with an overlap "X" pattern at the interior angles.

Several years ago on another forum ( I can't remember which one) mine was labeled a fake. I'm not saying that your is, since I do not know enough about them to comment, but the above listed thread was not to supportive of its chances.

Sepp

Comment

Joseph,

Thank you for the link. Very interesting as I've never seen another one so close to mine. Even the maker is the same. Yours is very close too.

I've heard the stories about the excellent fakes that were made in the 70s, but no one has actually produced pics of one they know for a fact to have been from that company.

Thanks,
        Cincylance

Comment

Cincylance,

Most everyone is very quiet about the banners that you and I have. I for one would like the definitive word whether they are good or bad. For me, I keep mine wrapped up in my closet and treat it like a red-haired bastard stepchild. It never gets to mingle with my original stuff. All that would change if I found out it was a good one.

The only negative comments I had was from one guy on another forum who stated mine was made by a guy in Ohio and that he could get be a bunch of them. When I took him up on that offer, he disappeared.

Sepp

Comment

I took mine to the SOSs last year and showed it around and no one doubted it's authenticity, so I didn't either. Now you have me wondering.

Cincylance

Originally posted by Josef Hahne View Post
            Cincylance,

Most everyone is very quiet about the banners that you and I have. I for one would like the definitive word whether they are good or bad. For me, I keep mine wrapped up in my closet and treat it like a red-haired bastard stepchild. It never gets to mingle with my original stuff. All that would change if I found out it was a good one.

The only negative comments I had was from one guy on another forum who stated mine was made by a guy in Ohio and that he could get be a bunch of them. When I took him up on that offer, he disappeared.

Sepp

Comment

Hey Guys, with what we know about black lighting these days, how would black lighting the flag prove one way or another if its real or not. Do a search on this and get the facts on the black light testing myths ands truths. regards John.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X