No announcement yet.

SS Armband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- in my opinion the band DOES have borders; this is just flash flare off the shiny grosgrain.

also note the washed out bride. this is what happens when you're too close with your flash, use a wide-angle lens and one part of the composition is very white against a sea of black.

Originally posted by VE45 View Post
    Hello Eddie, thanks for posting the photos. Your right, there is no room for the black bands on these armbands. I was looking through my Time Life book titled "The SS" and on pg. 42 it shows an SS wedding photo clearly showing an SS man wearing an unstriped SS armband on his brown-shirt (He is standing on the far right bottom). Regards, Jay

Comment

Hello all,
      I have a few ideas that may have potential.
      Is it possible that these are for police or Gestapo as stated before, does anyone have a picture of the Gestapo wearing political armbands?
      My guess is that the armbands would be the borderless type with many of these being worn by plain clothed agents out of uniform.
      What about SS foreign volunteers, some were not allowed to wear the SS runes, would this also apply to the armband?
      Large numbers of these have surfaced from reliable sources and I don't believe they are unfinished armbands, that theory makes no sense.
      Eddie

Comment

The Gestapo were typically given SD uniforms if needed.

I don't recall seeing any photos of the typical Gestapo black leather coat and fedora "uniform" with a party armband.

Comment

its weird you would think if they are unfinished lot they would all have the same tag but they have tags from different periods,cloth and paper also with diffferent factory numbers,most if not all are unissued, unfinished seems most logical,but then a contradiction,a wonderful mystery,paradox and everyone has their opinion.

Comment

I still love the way it looks. Production factories different way of doing things.

Comment

Helmet looks great too

Comment

Can't see stripes on these guys, what do you think?
                Attached Files

Comment

HMM interesting,but could be the washing out of the black stripes in photo too,early cameras made colors look different,light colors dark,dark light etc.The stripe may be lost in the red color of the band here.Very difficult to tell but does look promising,do you have the actual photo?

One thing is though,these armbands would have had to be used over a period of years not just during one year as they come in cloth and paper tags,so they would have had to be worn at least into early1938 thats when teh cloth tags switched over to paper.The photo below is early thirties as the 12 cuff title seems to be a colored one as the stripes arent light and visible like the 7 cuff.,I doubt they would be worn from 33-38 it makes no sense.These must be unfinished bands.
                  Last edited by wewelsburg; 09-10-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X