SS Armband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Armband?

I picked up some armbands the other day along with a few other SS items. Is it SS? It does not have the black stripes on the top and bottom of the armband as I am used to seeing. But, it does have an SS RZM tag on the reverse. Any opinins or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay
    Attached Files
    Last edited by VE45; 10-12-2008, 12:30 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by VE45 View Post
          ORIGINAL RZM Tag, IMO

Comment

Armband

Nice original example. These are encountered without black stripes from time to time.
            Peter

Comment

Thanks for your replys Milan and Peter. What would be a fair value to place on this armband? Thanks, Jay

Comment

Value

Top retail would be about $275 IMO.
                Peter

Comment

I agree very nice. I have one with the stripes with the same contract number and date on the RZM tag.

Comment

We've been through this before.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=black+stripes

All SS regulations required black stripes on all armbands. There are many period shots with overcoats and striped armbands. So far, no one can find one where you can tell there are no stripes.

This is most likely leftover SS stock that was purchased by another political group. The RAZ caps were done this way and also have SS RZM tags.

However, this one is interesting in that it doesn't look like it has enough room to add the black stripes in the first place. This may lead credence to the theory that sometimes the wrong RZM tags were used.

Comment

r

Because someone has not seen a period photo with this type of armband should not mean that it is not SS? Why would an SS RZM tag be sewn in other than an SS armband? I have read the thread that you attached and I did not read anything stating in conclusion that these armbands are not SS. I aquired five of these armbands, the officer's visor eagle that I have posted on the forum and an NSDAP pin from the family of the Vet, who brought these things home. The armbands are all identical except for the numbers on the SS RZM tags. I have two marked 21/37, two marked 61/37 and one marked 50/37. Regards, Jay

Comment

maybe tax cheating was going on back in 1937

Comment

Originally posted by VE45 View Post
                          Because someone has not seen a period photo with this type of armband should not mean that it is not SS? Why would an SS RZM tag be sewn in other than an SS armband? I have read the thread that you attached and I did not read anything stating in conclusion that these armbands are not SS. I aquired five of these armbands, the officer's visor eagle that I have posted on the forum and an NSDAP pin from the family of the Vet, who brought these things home. The armbands are all identical except for the numbers on the SS RZM tags. I have two marked 21/37, two marked 61/37 and one marked 50/37. Regards, Jay

1) Why did all SS regulations say that SS armbands (including greatcoat armbands) should have black stripes?

2) If the stripeless armbands are for the greatcoat, why do we have images of groups of SS men wearing greatcoats with striped armbands? I believe Beaver's book has a nice shot of this.

3) If the regulations were changed at a later date, where is the regulation?

4) Why did RAZ caps have SS RZM tags? They were not part of the SS.

Comment

R

So, am I to understand, from your reply, that you think if it is not to be found in the written documents and reference books that you have read, that it can not be? SS collecting is not my field of interest or expertise but what about the thoughts of the other experienced SS collectors, who say that these armbands are SS? Does their opinion count? I currently have this armband for sale on the stand and I will withdraw it until there is some conclusion as to whether these are SS or not. Regards, Jay

Comment

I have had many of these from veterans over the years, always nice heavy wool, with both cloth & paper RZM tags (always a "D" level ). Regardless of what "regulations" said these certainly did exist, and I am sure were not just an anomaly used to cheat the RZM tax man. I don't know why they were used, but then again there were many of Himmlers orders that contradicted other orders. history is not an absolute.

keep in mind, many people though the baltic cross flags were no good untill some photos turned up recently.
                              http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X