No announcement yet.

what are appening in waf - SS room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after so many Party banners, War Flags, Dachau insignia, cap skulls, and plain armbands, many don't open threads or comment.

Some threads grew and commented well, still do.

But it's the same in the personnel threads.

I don't bother with replying "Who is this" to a photo of a well known KC winner already published 30 times.

Some need to read, not just ask or assume an Internet search engine provides all.

By the way, the latter does not.

If you think it does, you probably believe all you see on TV as well..............

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
      I don't bother with replying "Who is this" to a photo of a well known KC winner already published 30 times.

Some need to read, not just ask or assume an Internet search engine provides all.
      I totally agree.

Comment

Arrogant sense of entitlement

Originally posted by Simon L View Post
        I probably haven't posted for three years as it's just not worth it anymore you risk everything to gain nothing by showing your collection. I must say however that I have met some great collectors through the forum who remain excellent private contacts, so it still has some merit. I shall go back to lurking in the estand section which is very useful.
        In great sadness,
        I am in almost perfect agreement with all of the above.
        still, I may still share somthing on waf, now and then.
        What gets me the most is those who think they DESERVE to see my collection and that I somehow OWE it to them, yet have a exceedingly disrespectful and condescending (and sometimes willfully ignorant) attitude at the same time. This has really stopped me from sharing anymore images .

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
          In great sadness,
          I am in almost perfect agreement with all of the above.
          still, I may still share somthing on waf, now and then.
          What gets me the most is those who think they DESERVE to see my collection and that I somehow OWE it to them, yet have a exceedingly disrespectful and condescending (and sometimes willfully ignorant) attitude at the same time. This has really stopped me from sharing anymore images .
          Agreed. 30 years of photo and research data gathering I got tired of:

1) stop what you're doing to help me for free as I can't get it elsewhere (and I'll e-mail tomorrow if I don't have it all to ask what takes so long). This includes several "big name" dealers worshiped here who combine cheap and clueless among their qualifications

2) I spent 20K on a uniform/hat/other item (that's bad) so send me scans of 6 pages from one of your books because I'm to cheap (and stupid) to have read it first

Life is to short to waste time on wastes of time

Comment

I think Mark has a good point. For me it has nothing to do with prices,

Its simply the fact that Im now in Aghanistan after several tours in iraq, so less time and littel opputunities to particiate....

But If you have a good grouping from Wiking or Nordland I will buy it

Jens

Comment

Maybe some people ( I am) are just plain a bit burned out, sometimes one needs to take a break from chasing the runes and enjoy other pursuits. Every time I go to the SOS or max, after three days, I dont want to see another swastika for a while, times are tough, people are hurting financially and that probably does add to peoples uneasiness, and scaling back.

Comment

Guilty as charged guys

Have to apologise to all reading this, many times I have said to myself that I must arrange to get images posted of some of the vet items I have here to help out a thread that is debating such an item.

Sadly just do not seem to get the time to be on WAF any more than I am on it now. Sometimes it just comes down to the enjoyment or indulgence of a hobby verses the other things going on in life.

And yes I can also think of other collectors with very advanced collections who I know for a fact, read this forum but never under any circumstances will they comment. Reasons, security and not wanting their comments being taken out of context.

I do however also worry that the forum may now be getting taken for granted, if we all do not work at making it work then interest will wean and it will simply just fade away over the years ahead like the old soldiers whose items we so dearly love to collect.

"A victim of its own success" which when you stop and think about it is exactly what the popularity of this forum and the beyond belief prices are doing to it,

Chris
                Last edited by 90th Light; 04-19-2010, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X