what are appening in waf - SS room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are appening in waf - SS room?

too much "great" ss collector aren't writing on this room, very few topic, very few replies

The prices are killing the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
      That is not the reason IMO.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post

Cheers

Fritz
        No? Then what else mainly could it be?
        IMO people buy less, therefore they post less, less interest, less forum threads/interesting discussions. It slowly dies.

Comment

It is not true!

Its same problem round about.

I think

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post

Cheers

Fritz
            Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP View Post
              Agree.

Comment

No? Then what else mainly could it be?
                Well, it's sad but simple, when you stay out of the forum you'll stay out of troubles on the forum too. Especially when you try to help and also show some items from your collection it can be a hassle after all when you draw the attention of a narcissistic know-it-all. I remember very well the way some of the older collectors were treated by some members.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

It looks like everybody knows exactly what it is but no one says what it is.
                  If not the hi-prices what else could possibly to slow down SS-forum? IMO nothing else.

Comment

I think most people have lives and they cant be here all the time. When there are not so many new fancy posts during the last week and some collectors are hungry to see new items they feel it is a vacuum and wonder what has happened. I think its is more a coincidence combined with a few other reasons. I think its a hang over from the Max and the fact that there might be a few collectors looking into black holes in their economy due to the global economical crisis. One should also bear in mind that there are other forums who compete for the postings.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                      I think most people have lives and they cant be here all the time. When there are not so many new fancy posts during the last week and some collectors are hungry to see new items they feel it is a vacuum and wonder what has happened. I think its is more a coincidence combined with a few other reasons. I think its a hang over from the Max and the fact that there might be a few collectors looking into black holes in their economy due to the global economical crisis. One should also bear in mind that there are other forums who compete for the postings.
                      Hi Felix,
                      all these reasons are valid too of course, I do however think that they are not the main reasons for many of the "great" collectors to stay out of the forums in general.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

It looks like everybody knows exactly what it is but no one says what it is.
                        If not the hi-prices what else could possibly to slow down SS-forum? IMO nothing else.
                        There are enough collectors with money. That is not the problem I think. There are also classic Ferrari and Porsche Forums, although these things are usually rare and expensive as well.

There are more reasons of course like Felix pointed out and some collectors will naturally be affected by climbing prices. But there are so many "ordinary" things that could be shown here but people seem to refuse to do even that more often.

I do however think that the "great" collectors don't stay away because they can't afford items or due to similar reasons.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Those "great" collectors may simply think that they are "too great" for the forum discussions. Sometimes things do get "hot" here, but excuse me, often serious money involved, people get burned, loose their manners and patience. So what he hurt your feelings, now what "I will not play with you boys"? C'mon Do we collect butterflies and flowers or war memorables. If they feel not to participate in discussions, be it IMO. We still have a lot of good and advanced collectors here (i will not call names, you know them self)

Comment

Fritz ,
                            I for one posted a camouflage cap and a cover reciently .
                            you yourself gave me some nice comments about it , thank you very much by the way , so did Felex and my friend Lorenz .
                            Overall there was only a small group of cammo guys who comented .
                            Is this all there is in the world ??
                            I could personally talk cammo all day long .
                            I know you could .
                            A good friend comented to me the lack of American intrest in these subjects , this was sad to me .
                            I dont think it is showing off , talking about your collection , its fun .
                            There are many haters in all collecting fields , who cares !!!!!
                            I have noticed if something is fake people jump on and rip sopmebody apart in this fourm as well as dealers !!!
                            I have better things to do like talking about color fades on a m42 smock and noticing how many different pieces of different cammo cloth has been used in the construction of a smock , helmet cover , cap or zelt .
                            that is my fun .
                            I know you know what i mean .
                            Look into your collection and pull out something and have fun with it ,and dont even answer negative comments .
                            Look at The US military Fourm .
                            I post in the Where are Tigerstripes made ? section .
                            Everybody who posts on it has fun .
                            Ok there are some stupid questions but that is the way of the world .
                            I pretty much put my whole collection of Tiger cammo up for people to use as a reference guide .
                            Some pieces are worth as much as a smock or a cover but that is not the point ,we just like to show our stuff
                            the SS cammo world has been torn apart by fakes , so lets show some good stuff all the time to each other , we benifit from this and you get to see some good stuff .
                            dont worry about the fakers either , I have not handled anything in 20 years that even comes close to the real thing either.
                            I am talking cammo by the way
                            So its up to us to post something intresting stuff , not the usuall Craig Gottleb is a rat stuff which is a complete bore to me .
                            All the best
                            owen
                            kammoman

Comment

tigertank

ive been buyin few things ss dagger coller patch arm band etc last five years now will put them on for u lads too look shortly when i get five mins //.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X