X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Pricing an SS Lot

Gents,

I'm in someting of a bind here. Yesterday, in response to an ad that I ran in their local paper, the family of a deceased vet contacted me and I was able to pick up a very large grouping of WWII SS items. These include a number of collar tabs and cuff titles. Also in the lot were many medals and US items. I am able to put a value on all of the US items and German medals. However, I would like to speak with someone from this forum regarding the SS items and their value who would know what they are talking about. I'm not looking to sell, I just need to know the value as I think I have some very high end stuff here and I need to get it added to my insurance policy on my collection. I have done my own research and identified each piece, so I know what everything is, I just haven't been able to find an example of some of these items for sale anywhere to give me a comparable value. So, if someone would PM me a telephone number where I could call you, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris
    Last edited by EKman; 08-20-2008, 03:19 PM.
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Originally posted by EKman View Post
    I just need to know the value as I think I have some very high end stuff here and I need to get it added to my insurance policy on my collection.
    crazy american

Comment

things

It Would Be Best At The Very Least If You Could Just List The Items And Have A Member Give An Opinion. Even If There Are Not Pics Just Knowing What The Item Is And Condition Will Help ,and Then You Have To Absolutly Be Sure Its All Original Stuff. Its No Wise To Post Phone Numbers On The Forum .

Comment

For SS items, a good rule of thumb is to pick a price that sounds reasonable, then triple it.

Comment

I would think if they were HIGH END items they would need to be insured induvidually and need an appraisal from the company. So i would talk with the insurance company first.

Comment

SS group

A photo would be helpfull ,unless you feel that this would be a security risk before insuring the items !.....?

Comment

i think will be better:

1 - all items will be good
              2 - the price will be reasonable
              3 - insurance

Better make some pictures, post in WA than make an offer. WA is the best insurance company you can call.

Comment

My offer is 10K for everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                  My offer is 10K for everything!

...times 3

Rob

Comment

Can you post the photo of the items? That would help others to provide you with fare pricing.

Comment

Gents,

I thank everyone for the offer to help and I would post photos; however, my borther is away on his senior trip and has borrowed my digital camera...hence...no digital photos. However, I have been in touch with a knowledgeable forum member and have been able to find the information that I need regarding value.

Thanks to all for willingness to help,

Best,

Chris

(Boy, a gruppenfuhrer tab really looks sharp in person...I can see why you SS collectors like that stuff ...and the family was about to throw it all out!)
                      Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                      All the best,
                      Chris

Comment

Don't keep us in suspense, list the items you picked up so we can all drool over them.

Greg

Comment

It would be helpful for those of us following the thread if you posted a general photo of the grouping. I don't know if you're pulling our leg, or if this is a legitimate request - references to rare items and comments on high-ranked tabs is almost teasing! s/f Robert

Comment

ss

PLEASE , LETS SEE THE HOARD!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry gents, as I said--and it really is no b.s.--I don't have the capacity to take photos at this moment, when I get my camera back, I may or may not post photos of these items. Frankly though, given the reception that I received when I posted the bricks that were removed from the ruins of Hitler's home, I'm leaning toward "may not."

I thank the forum member who responded by PM first and was gracious enough to take a phone call from me and give me some value estimates on the items that I wasn't able to find values for myself. That's all the help that I needed when I started this thread. And no one's leg is being pulled here, the family was on the verge of throwing out the items and had them all sacked up to go when I came across them. Now they are in my collection.

Best,

Chris
                              All the best,
                              Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X