X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Pics = Didnt Happen

Comment

i see now this cat has a vendetta ,he was laughed at now he wants to do the laughing we got your number buddy!

Comment

the"high end items" were probably a fake armband and a rusty pip.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
          the"high end items" were probably a fake armband and a rusty pip.
          I've been around here long enough that I don't feel the need to justify myself to you. Those who know me know that to be the case. I didn't begin this thread with the intention of showing off what landed in my lap, I simply asked for help valuing some items that were outside my area of expertise. For asking, I received that help--just as I have given it countless times over the years when someone didn't know what a cross or Hitler items was worth--from people far better than you sir. So, I won't be goaded into parading anything for your benefit. Case closed. If you think I came home with a fake armband and a rusty pip, you're welcome to hold such notions as keep you entertained into the wee small hours of the morning.
          Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
          All the best,
          Chris

Comment

That being said you may have achieved your goal BUT no-one else has learned anything .... tis a shame, high-end originals are truly few and far between.

Ian

Comment

i love being entertained in the wee hours of the morning!

Comment

It would be nice if you shared your new finds with everyone. I for one love seeing items that come out of the woodwork. -Jeremy

Comment

i'm curious how a valuation was given over the phone,when the items were sight unseen

Comment

because one of the high end items was a late war thought transmitter found in himmlers attic.

Comment

Seeing "that cat" around many times before I bet all this "hi-end" staff is just repros or simply another his bs.

Comment

Is the take like this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hey Pete, how did you get into my house?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Powell View Post
                            i'm curious how a valuation was given over the phone,when the items were sight unseen

Formal patter Hitler silverware...forks...knives...and such generally sell for around $895 these days given they are in good to fair condition. I can tell you that without having to look at an item if you call me up and tell me that you are holding in your hand a formal patter piece of AH silverware with the Greek Key pattern and it is in good to fair condition.

I assume that in the realm of SS insignia, the same applies to collar tabs, eagles, and cuff titles. I can describe over the phone the technical aspects of an item (i.e. moth nips, powdering on bullion, and so forth) and I've been in this hobby long enough to be able to research exactly what these items are. So, again, I just needed someone to give me a general market price for them...someone who, unlike me, has watched the price of SS items over the years while I have been watching the prices of other items.

Surely you SS collectors know what the going rate for a particular SS tab or cuff title is or are you all shooting in the dark over here?
                            Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                            All the best,
                            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by EKman View Post
                              I simply asked for help valuing some items that were outside my area of expertise.
                              But if they are outside your area of expertise, then how do you know these items are authentic to begin with? Almost everything SS has been faked and many fakes are really good. Some SS Generals tabs appear to be outside the accepted types.

Have a look at Bob Hritz's comments in this thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ls+collar+tabs

Comment

Ill take a STACK of fencing diamonds Peter,please.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X