No announcement yet.

Opinions needed on two rank tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why have both the same stitching style for the Litze and both have the same brown coloration on the ends from the Litze?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
      and both have the same brown coloration on the ends from the Litze?

I was thinking as well that they were removed from a scrapbook,glue residue perhaps.

One of them appears to have this brown residue on the entire back.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Glenn, I agree that it looks like some sort of residue. The wool one doesn't look like it had it everywhere like the other one does. A glue stain was all that I could come up with as to why they both were stained..

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
          There is no question that this one is a fake.
          IMO its too fast write this tab off as a repro!

Questions remain;
          What is the dark cloth we see in the pic? Reverse of the BeVo weave or a dark backing?
          Black lighted? result, glow or not?
          Provenance?

I have no interest what so ever to defence these tabs but I would like to know the truth. (if possible) They do not exhibit the usual kind of fake ageing commonly seen on Ebay. The rzm rank tab is IMO a nice original and it shows the "same kind of glue spots". Likely removed from an album. Thats a good sign.

The reason that the tabs shows the same kind of construction might not be that strange after all. They might be taken from the same field tailor or from the home of the same soldier, and later placed in one vets album. Some questions still needs to be answered though before we can say for sure. Weave texture of the bevo obverse and reverse needs to be cleared.
          Last edited by Felix; 09-05-2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I agree with Felix.

I like the things actually.

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

To answer the question by Felix, Neither tab showed any glow with blacklight. No provenience that I'm aware of.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X