Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions needed on two rank tabs

Hey guys,
    I have a couple of rank tabs that I could use everyone's opinions on. Neither glow under blacklight. Thanks in advance

Ken

Tab#1
    Attached Files

Tab #1 reverse..
    Attached Files

Comment

Tab #2
      Attached Files

Comment

Tab #2 reverse..
        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Rank Tabs

These 2 tabs not very straight forward. They seem played with. Why the rust / staining to the backs? I would consider them contraversial rank tabs.

Comment

Yeah, I agree..not something very textbook when I saw them. Overall they seem fine, but I'm not sure which is why I wanted to throw them up for some discussions.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

does it appear the same to you?

I like the fine material of the one , could the other one missing the stiffner ,instead of rust ,be traces of varnish ? white backing on other looks similar to some i posted.

Comment

I think both are fine originals. The BeVo tank tab is missing the tan backing for some strange reason and has an unsual but original litzen. Both have traces of glue from being in a vet scrap book or album.

Comment

The BeVo tab is fake. The woven front should wrap around onto the back, not end at the edge of the tab with only the smooth border left on the reverse as this one has.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                        The BeVo tab is fake. The woven front should wrap around onto the back, not end at the edge of the tab with only the smooth border left on the reverse as this one has.
                        It really depends on the size of the buck ram to which it has been folded over, right?
                        It seems be be a slightly over size rank tab. To use the fold over alone in this case as indicator of a fake is wrong. Blank rank bevo tabs does not come around that often to make them material for a put together. Any one has a picture of another beVo without backing and we can compare the reverse weave pattern?

Comment

As a start does the BeVo rank tab have a backing/stiffener or not?

I found a reverse shot of an original BeVo rune tab without backing. When I compare the weave patterns they are not the same. That is on the negative side for this tab of course. Hard to say if there were small variations, angles, dirt and glue etc that explains the differences. Anyway a weave by a machine is rather fixed. The backing of the initial rank tab does however not look like the backing of a known repro either. See lower example in the photo. (top original) When comparing blank rank tab material the original and the repro they are very close! Luckily the give away on the Rune tabs are so easy to spot.
                          What I can see is a trait of the fake BeVo's and that is a slightly finer pattern of the ribbed weave on the obverse IMO. The smoth edge of the original BeVo also seems to have some texture (hard to se in some cases). The tab in question does have the slightly finer ribbs. However that is also a visual effect because its an oversize tab. (in general the fake bevo seems to have a somewhat finer texture than the original)

Ok, thats it so far. Now it is time to raise the question again if there actually is some kind of cloth backing or stiffener on the bevo rank tab. Is there? That might explain the strange texture pattern on the reverse and why it is not like an original or fake.

In the end I honestly can not say if good or bad regarding the BeVo.
                          Sorry for the long add here and that I have changed my opinion to not knowing if good or bad for the BeVo. Sometimes it takes time and analyse to sort the finer details out. I think this is as far as I go.

I hope others can help you further.

//Felix
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Felix; 08-31-2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                            It really depends on the size of the buck ram to which it has been folded over, right?
                            It seems be be a slightly over size rank tab. To use the fold over alone in this case as indicator of a fake is wrong.
                            Yes, the amount of woven front material which folds over onto the reverse will vary slightly depending on the size of the backing material, but there will always be some! In this case there is absolutely none. In fact, if you look closely at the front shot, the woven section is limited to just the exact front shape and size of the tab. That is not how originals were made. There is no question that this one is a fake.

By the way, BeVo rank tabs were usually smaller than the BeVo runic tabs, not larger.

Comment

ken , these both good. you sell first salty one please pm me sir. paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X