No announcement yet.

1st pattern Jawless cap skull thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First up, is a shot of them out of the bag...
    Attached Files

Comment

Then after a bit of a clean...
      Attached Files

Comment

Last one showing the two variants of skulls.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Raymond:

Thank you for sharing. What a great find. As far as you know are there two variants in the find?

John

Comment

Hi John

Many thanks.

As far as I am aware, two variants were found. I picked some others up over the last six months and I have only found two types. That is what I basing my information on. Perhaps someone else can shed some more light on it.

I am really interested to know more about the second variant skull. I have seen photographs of the first in use, but not the second.

Raymond

Comment

Originally posted by RaymondG
              Hi John

Many thanks.

As far as I am aware, two variants were found. I picked some others up over the last six months and I have only found two types. That is what I basing my information on. Perhaps someone else can shed some more light on it.

I am really interested to know more about the second variant skull. I have seen photographs of the first in use, but not the second.

Raymond
              Raymond.
              Great collection.
              This photo isn't too clear......but it does show the second variant being worn by a member of the Iron Division.
              Attached Files

Comment

The second type traces its origins back to this one.......as worn by a hussar in 1899.
                Attached Files

Comment

Not related to anything .... BUT ... has anyone noticed .... if you scroll up and down the post with the 20 skulls, they all appear to dance back and forth? Wierd ... It's actually quite creepy

Comment

Robin that is great so thanks for that.

Darrell is absolutely correct. They do appear to be doing a sort of dance, not unlike that Russian one whose name eludes me.

It is the one which requires a high degree of fitness and balance and is only usually attempted by non-Russians when very drunk.

Thanks

Raymond

Comment

jawless skull

hi, before i put this on the estand can you guys give me a or as to originality please. also can anyone help with a value. thanks. best regards, mark.
                      Attached Files

Comment

back
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am interested in views also. Where there early skulls in brass with silver plating? The prongs look O.K.

Comment

Robin Lumsden is most eloquent on these badges. I think this one is authentic, in fact.

Comment

It looks fine to me as well.

Comment

thanks for all your opinions, any idea as to the value please, best regards, mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X