• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Curuthers View Post
    I would think Who ever took the insignia from that fez would have ruined it
    I agree

Comment

It was probably done by mom so Johnny could wear it for haloween,an arab fez in a play,or off to play war outside with his buddies..JMHO Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by outcast View Post
        look good tropical one
        It's not tropical at all it's a used piece

Comment

ss maroon fez

Have you ever seen a maroon fez with a cream or white colored swet band.
          Last edited by travkoopmans; 04-17-2009, 06:54 PM.

Comment

If you need a skull to restore a fez you need one with folded over selvage, or one with that is glued down onto the white cotton on the reverse--they made them this way by gluing the rectangular/square uncut skull onto a piece of cotton, then cutting it around the design of the skull shiney area of the black and then stitching--simply because some of the "tailors" (prisoners) were not adept at holding down the selvage and sewing, also possibly to give the insignia the bulgy look--two trains of thought...the one you have shown pictures of is a beauty but in my view simply good for a collection as a stand alone not for restoration of any sort...and I think if you do use that skull to restore any cap you are destroying the skull by adding holes...also keep in mind you have a great looking toned skull that saw action being applied to a fez that was likely a Dachau pickup...just not a good candidate.....but its your property do with it as you like...

Cheers,

John

Comment

Originally posted by travkoopmans View Post
              Have you ever seen a maroon fez with a cream or white colored swet band.
              I have seen a number of colors, can not recall white but depends on what you mean by cream.

John

Comment

Skull

I agree with John T above. The bevo skull in this thread was probably taken off an overseas cap or m-43 as it looks well worn and would look out-of-place on a fez. That coupled with the fact that it has no edge material left makes it a perfect candidate for the riker mount display case.

Comment

maroon fez

Yes I looked at it and it is cream not white. Also where all fezs made by Dachau prisoners if so did not know that!
                  Last edited by travkoopmans; 04-18-2009, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travkoopmans View Post
                    Yes I looked at it and it is cream not white. Also where all fezs made by Dachau prisoners if so did not know that!
                    According to my knowledge no prisoners at Dachau made any fezes. Dachau was just a clothing depot and not a manufacturing place.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X