ss pocket watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss pocket watch

ok posting this for a new forum member! so far there the only pics iv got but il let the member do the talking!
    Attached Files

the back!
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, most likely fantasy.

Comment

While i realise that these decals are known to have been painted onto watches etc, and that they come from modelling kits, this one is a little different, i showed pics to the national clock and watch museum in the states, they did not dismiss it fully as a fantasy piece, the name A.Moser is engraved on the back this would be an easy addition to make, but the whole face would have had to have been constructed, for the decals to blend in, it is impossible to really say even with the watch in your hand, as it is all made from the same material, well i am awaiting some other expert clock maker oppinions and i will keep the interested members informed1sweat:

Comment

These were presented "for exceptional bravery." Unfortunately, this one is missing the presentation dish it originally came in.

Comment

"These were presented "for exceptional bravery." "

Can you please reveal the source material for your statement.. ,thanks,G.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
              "These were presented "for exceptional bravery." "

Can you please reveal the source material for your statement.. ,thanks,G.
              Here you go: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=304168

Comment

bwanek1,,
                Ha, ha ha,,o.k. just saw the dish topic

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                  The dish of bravery was very common.

This watch is postwar fan´tasy also as is the dish of courage.
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

I did suspect something was wrong, especially as i got it at a fantasy price, while i would calculate, this to have been around 50 euro, when i break down a figure including the rest of my lot purchase,
                    that is a price, i would give for, what the watch is, because even known the military inclusion is a fake, the watch still works, it is a 1930's 1940's Swiss make, but needs to be cleaned, i can't see why someone would go through all the trouble to add the decals and engrave a watch, to try improve it's value, and then sell it so cheap,

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
                      The dish of bravery was very common.

This watch is postwar fan´tasy also as is the dish of courage.
                      Ha ha i like it! 'the dish of courage' do you reckon it came with a tshirt saying 'i kept stroming russian bunkers and all i got was this lousey dish'

Comment

50 Euro buys a lot of potatoes in Eastern Europe where these fakes are made. Check out this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=93048

Comment

I told ya it was a fantasy watch.......
                          Attached Files

Comment

Tony
                            How's it goin
                            Yeah thanks for that,
                            I will swap your watches hands for mine, as the colours don't match

Comment

they make a lot of these:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=523809

William Kramer
                              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X