Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Alarm Clock - Opinions Wanted!

Hi:

I'm brand new to this web site but I was hoping you could help me with some background on this alarm clock. I picked it up at an estate sale along with some more familiar German WW2 memorabilia. Can anyone tell me what kind of value an old clock like this might have?

It still works so I'm hoping that is a sign of some good old German engineering!

Thanks in advance!

Al
    Attached Files

Picture #2

SS Alarm Clock - Picture 2
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm sure it's a fantasy piece--it wouldn't be an issue SS alarm clock with that insignia on the face. I would guess, as a working old clock, the current value would be $45-50.00.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Intresting, Homer Simpson with a SS alarm clock.......

Chet
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Thats the one that sets of alarm bells if something is fake.

Comment

Welcome Homer

Welcome Aboard Homer, I think we know each other? am I right?

Anyhow these alarm clocks have been turning up at estate sales in the Niagara region for about 3 years now, "Crooked auctioneers working together because the know that anything containing a Swastika will demand a high price"

The first models he had all had Just the common eagle on it, then they were marked with the SS runes aswell, also I noticed at the last auction he's marking them with the D.R.P. "Deutch Reichs Patent", but all of his first models clearly had made in germany scribed in the back.

Anyhow these "Pardon my french" Auctionears have been filling these estate sales with terriable repro lead cast medals, SS uniforms, visors ect.... Telling people they came from vets basements, when I watched them buy it at a previous crooks auciton months before.

All I have to say is be carefull with these guys, and spend your money here its a hell of alot safer.

Cheers

D.Plomish

Comment

Thanks for all of your input!

You guys are great, I really appreciate your advice and opinion....even if it isn't what I wanted to hear....doughh!

Comment

The actual originals had der fuhrer in the center with his arms acting as the hands.
                every hour he would jump up and down and scream "cuckoo cuckoo!"
                MLP

Comment

X
                  Last edited by Matt Starr; 01-26-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

You VILL vake up ven der Bell ist geringen!!
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

drinn drinn

Comment

Doh!!

Comment

Beware of the new SS FM chip clips that are coming out of Russia. They are claiming they were given away when opening an SS FM account after the toasters ran out. A lot of collectors are being fooled by these.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hey, mine came directly from a vet who took it directly from Himmler's snack bar! It's got to be good! It still had the RZM (Reichs Znacks und Munchables) label attached.
                            Erich

Originally posted by CurtD
                            Beware of the new SS FM chip clips that are coming out of Russia. They are claiming they were given away when opening an SS FM account after the toasters ran out. A lot of collectors are being fooled by these.
                            Festina lente!

Comment

Curt,
                              That is certinaly prime material for the "most uglyest fake" thread in the Association Members only forum. For that matter, Homer could take that ridiculous clock and post it also.

Chet
                              Zinc stinks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X