Nazi Holy Grail found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazi Holy Grail found

This looked like part of the SS pagan activities, but may only be regular nazi pagan after all . 24.3 pounds Pure gold Cauldron with ancient Celtic/Germanic symbols (copied from the Gundestrup cauldron found in a bog) and found a few years ago in Chiemsee lake in Bavaria

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...478958,00.html

I have been following this for a few years now and wondered why it has not been brought to WAF.
    I cant help but think Himmler had somthing to do with this, even if the Spiegel news agency does not think so.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael Fay; 08-06-2008, 03:41 AM.

Interesting link. Thanks for posting.

lewis

Comment

First time ive heard of this!!

Thanks for posting

Comment

Is it RZM marked?

Comment

I don´t know, i never believed that this has something to do with third reich.

Why should there only be one of those things and nothing that looks like it?

Comment

cool

I could use that for the Family Salad Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              I could use that for the Family Salad Bowl.
              Gonna buy first class salad

Never heard about it but why not?

Comment

that looks like the cup of christ, esp since it has celtic Celtic ornaments on it,if himmler had something to do with this it would be in silver

Comment

I could use that for the Family Salad Bowl
                  What are you, nuts? Didn't you see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Golden goblets and all things Third Reich related never go together well!

Comment

Hello Mike, thanks for more endlessly fascinating stories of the 3rd Reich. I think more stories and mysteries will persist and emerge for the next 100 years or more. We are all fortunate to be around and so close to its time. 24 pounds of solid gold, I cant believe an elaborate fake would and could be made with intent to decieve. Brass, lead, pewer, silver etc. yes but not gold. Im always amazed when arch. oddities and rarities are made public and members of the media come up with absurd "bedpan" comments. These people for the most part think an antique is anything that doesnt contain a digital clock. I look forwards to more info. Best, Bill Bourque

Comment

of note

thanks to all who liked this post.

I find this to be of interest: A careful reading from the Spiegel link shows this mentioned;

"The pot, he announced cheerfully, was a forgery -- manufactured from modern gold, probably by the Nazis. They had planned an "Elite NSDAP School" not far from the place where the artifact was discovered, and might have used it for bizarre consecration rites."

As I know from study of the Ancient Gundestrup bowl(originally thought to be Germanic, but now thought to be Celtic), of which this nazi "forgery" was meticulously copied from, the original was found in what had been a bog. A bog was a holy site where ancient Germans and Celts threw tribute to honor their gods. Even the etymology of the word bog for a muddy swampy and dangerous waterhole is worth looking at. "Bog" once meant holy(or even a god,perhaps) in slavic, I mean of course in ancient Slavic usage. The ancient Germans and Scandinavians would also throw ritually damaged weapons(either warbooty from the vanquished or especially made weapons/musical instruments like the Lur for sacrificial rites) into certain bogs. They also ritually sacrificed humans in bogs. Read the Roman account by Tacitus as he describes a Germanic/Scandinavian human sacrifice to the goddess Nerthus by drowning in a lake .
                      All this could easily have been recreated by nazis of a pagan bent, especially if it was some high officials ceremony surrounding the consecration of an elite NSDAP school , perhaps to ensure the ancients gods approval-or just good anti Christian ideological propaganda--either way, it works.

Another more banal point: perhaps all those missing TK rings were tossed in a lake also, and if it is a lake full of fallen trees tangled up on the bottom ...then no one is ever going to be able to salvage them as the danger to a diver or submersible is astronomical, even if you could know exactly where to look.. On top of that many local l governments dont usually permit any scuba diving in their lakes,especially if it is for treasure hunting.
                      Last edited by Michael Fay; 08-07-2008, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                        thanks to all who liked this post.

I find this to be of interest: A careful reading from the Spiegel link shows this mentioned;

"The pot, he announced cheerfully, was a forgery -- manufactured from modern gold, probably by the Nazis. They had planned an "Elite NSDAP School" not far from the place where the artifact was discovered, and might have used it for bizarre consecration rites."

As I know from study of the Ancient Gundestrup bowl(originally thought to be Germanic, but now thought to be Celtic), of which this nazi "forgery" was meticulously copied from, the original was found in what had been a bog. A bog was a holy site where ancient Germans and Celts threw tribute to honor their gods. Even the etymology of the word bog for a muddy swampy and dangerous waterhole is worth looking at. "Bog" once meant holy(or even a god,perhaps) in slavic, I mean of course in ancient Slavic usage. The ancient Germans and Scandinavians would also throw ritually damaged weapons(either warbooty from the vanquished or especially made weapons/musical instruments like the Lur for sacrificial rites) into certain bogs. They also ritually sacrificed humans in bogs. Read the Roman account by Tacitus as he describes a Germanic/Scandinavian human sacrifice to the goddess Nerthus by drowning in a lake .
                        All this could easily have been recreated by nazis of a pagan bent, especially if it was some high officials ceremony surrounding the consecration of an elite NSDAP school , perhaps to ensure the ancients gods approval-or just good anti Christian ideological propaganda--either way, it works.

Another more banal point: perhaps all those missing TK rings were tossed in a lake also, and if it is a lake full of fallen trees tangled up on the bottom ...then no one is ever going to be able to salvage them as the danger to a diver or submersible is astronomical, even if you could know exactly where to look.. On top of that notice in the link how the local governments dont usually permit any scuba diving in their lakes.
                        "Bog" once meant holy(or even a god,perhaps) Ive allways known i was diffrunt

Regards
                        Bog

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                          Is it RZM marked?
                          Apparently not, as it took a few years for the history and art world to figure out it was not ancient....just nazi

And not only not correctly RZM marked, but not even made by Otto Gahr. Instead it is thought to have been created in the Munich based Heiden goldsmith Jeweler's smithy.

Comment

I believe that the pagan history was promoted and taught in German schools. My uncle took a boar spearhead that had swastika and runic symbols worked into the metal, and a swastika (reversed) cloak clasp made of bronze from a school his unit was camped near when he was with the occupation army. He told me they were part of a display set up to show younger children about the Teutonic heritage.
                            BTW, Bog is Russian for God.

Comment

BOK, or some people say BOG is the main greeting in mainland Croatia. There is always a controversy about the meaning if it is Bog or Bok even among Croatians. In the past when people used to use God be with you for hello and goodbye alot is probably is the root.

Best,

Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X