SS Tunic Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomH View Post
    ....so are these "4 ultra rare helmet covers" genuine, "top notch rubish"(sic) or
    "50 per cent below market value"?

if you have problems with the items on the site why not pull a specific item and start a debate about it instead of making sweeping generalisations.

That way we all learn

Tom
    Tom, that is by far the most sensible option and potential purchases need only be posted up to sort the wheat from the chaff. As indeed this topic set out to try and do with the tunic posted for discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
      ....so are these "4 ultra rare helmet covers" genuine, "top notch rubish"(sic) or
      "50 per cent below market value"?

if you have problems with the items on the site why not pull a specific item and start a debate about it instead of making sweeping generalisations.

That way we all learn

Tom
      So who thinks this SS Haupsturmfuhrers tunic is original and untouched http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/v...h=1779&phqu=10

Comment

Originally posted by uknews View Post
        Tom, that is by far the most sensible option and potential purchases need only be posted up to sort the wheat from the chaff. As indeed this topic set out to try and do with the tunic posted for discussion.
        And whi thinks this M-43 cap is original and untouched , both the tunic and cap are priced about 50 precent below market value:
        http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/v...h=1774&phqu=10

Comment

SS Tunic Opinions.

And lastly, anyone who thinks this cufftitle is authentic should switch to collecting beanie babies: http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/v...h=1802&phqu=10

Comment

SS Tunic Opinions.

And folks, I almost forgot this rarity priced about 70 persent below market value and featuring all the trademarks of an original colorpiped NCO visor http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/v...ph=1631&phqu=5

Comment

How about you tell me whats wrong (other than its not priced within your standards )with that SS Hauptsturnfuhrers tunic? Because I find nothing,it even has a history behind it.

Give me one thing that points to it being a bad one.

They are only below YOUR market value but if you are willing to pay more go for it.
              Last edited by John Pic; 07-27-2008, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DKNYC71 View Post
                And lastly, anyone who thinks this cufftitle is authentic should switch to collecting beanie babies: http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/v...h=1802&phqu=10
                I am sick I missed this exceptionally rare and desireable version of the Totenkopf cuff title. Absolutely original.

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

And whi thinks this M-43 cap is original and untouched , both the tunic and cap are priced about 50 precent below market value:
                  http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/v...h=1774&phqu=10

$7000.00 for a M-43 cap is half price???????

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

And lastly, anyone who thinks this cufftitle is authentic should switch to collecting beanie babies: http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/viewphoto.php?shoph=1802&phqu=10

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                    exceptionally rare and desireable version of the Totenkopf cuff title. Absolutely original.

Bob Hritz
                    Agreed!

So does that mean you and I Bob are going to start collecting "beanie babies"
                    Last edited by Gary Wood; 07-27-2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

That cufftitle is 100% original and was sold at a good price, especially since that is the most desireable of the skull cuffbands.

Greg

Comment

To my mind, the M44 tunic is textbook and unissued - but I am biased...I traded it to Martin.

Many tunics require hands on inspections but nothing I see is an immediate red flag on the hauptsturmfuhrer tunic.

The camouflage smocks are (IMHO) utterly authentic and I believe the covers are as well...

It seems to me that Grenadier Militaria has had as many SS tunics pass through his hands as Martin (to include a brilliant TK NCO I missed; an untouched assault gun wrapper and the panzer wrap currently on hold).

Mike

Comment

And lastly, anyone who thinks this cufftitle is authentic should switch to collecting beanie babies

may I ask what you collect?

Comment

Originally posted by No~One View Post
                            I was looking at this item on the dealers website:

How was it possible to have been promoted to Hauptscharfuhrer in June of 45?

I just wanted to double-check before I started raising the bullsh*t flag.
                            "Here is a possible theory to explain this"

I would imagine it was possible to be promoted in the Prisoner of war camps by the interned regime that existed in the camps. You documents would still be on you.

Plenty of war films show that the prisoners of war ran their own authorities, within the camps. Post war as we now know it (after May 45) Promotions post May 8 1945 are a subject that have not really been covered by discussion before. Lower ranks keeping order etc... Officer Promotions may not have occurred.

These Jerries still did not accept defeat just cos it was June 1945.

The Atom bomb in Aug 45 woke a few of them up to that fact.

J T
                            Last edited by sturmbannfuhrer; 07-27-2008, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Incredibly enough, after the German surrender, Canadian occupation troops allowed the German military to try and then execute two naval deserters on 13 May 1945!

As I understand it, awards were still being processed and confirmed post surrender and the Wehrmacht carried on for a brief while...so this promotion does seem possible.

Mike

Comment

Mike's word that its a good M44 is good enough for me, he has alot of hands on experience and who can argue with Bob, Greg, and Gary they are all very experienced in cloth.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X