Printed SS Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
    If you want to fight the existence of printed sleeve eagles and the photos showing their wear, you missed the fight by about three years. Both the photos and the printed sleeve eagles are original, pre-May 1945 production.

s/f robert

The top photo with the moth holes, you think that's a pre 1945 photo?

Comment

Do you think the photo #116 is a fake? Do you also think printed sleeve eagles are fakes? Both wartime photos and printed sleeve eagles exist.

The point is, there are acknowledged original photos showing this eagle in wear, as well as the tunic that's shown. Why are you rehashing this as though the collecting community are still questioning the existence of printed sleeve eagles?

Or three-prong skulls, for that matter?

s/f Robert

s/f Robert

Comment

Couple more photos from other threads on this subject showing printed SS eagles being worn.

The more you look for this type of eagle the more pre-1945 photos you will find,

Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay that clears it up for me, so printed sleeve insignia was produced in Yugoslavia? Like the Latvian ss TK ? That would explain why it looks like garbage at least.

Comment

I don't know where it was printed, but likely at the same German printing consortiums that manufactured printed rank bars, Volksturm sleevebands, breast eagles, foreign volunteer shields/collar insignia, and other "garbage" insignia.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
              I don't know where it was printed, but likely at the same German printing consortiums that manufactured printed rank bars, Volksturm sleevebands, breast eagles, foreign volunteer shields/collar insignia, and other "garbage" insignia.

s/f Robert

Fair enough..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X