Printed SS Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed SS Insignia

I am a believer that late in the war, the SS experimented with printed insignia. Does anyone have any evidence of printed SS insignia, other than the camo rank insignia, actually being worn?

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Verso of cut up overseas cap.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files

Comment

Of course, usual printed rank insignia.

Bob Hritz
      Attached Files

Comment

Not much more than curio's..............interesting.
        __________________________________________________ ______
        Cheers Steve
        Attached Files

Comment

Bob, I have an example of a printed SS sleeve eagle that was removed from a uniform. It came with large lot of Dutch SS and other SS, and was all removed from a warehouse and barracks by a Canadian stores keeper. Therefore, I believe that at least the sleeve eagles were issued and worn. s/f Robert

Comment

Bob, there was also a late war printed SS 'helper' or 'student' sleeve triangle that East European volunteer flak helpers wore. It has the same feel and look to it as the printed SS arm eagles.

Comment

Printed Cap Eagle

This is a recent find. It is the size of a metal SS cap eagle. Has anyone seen one of these before? It is folded on the edges and was sewn on at one time.
              Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                I am a believer that late in the war, the SS experimented with printed insignia. Does anyone have any evidence of printed SS insignia, other than the camo rank insignia, actually being worn?

Bob Hritz
                thats a good question,years ago I have recived a SS photos lot and one pair of em boards AND a printed cap eagle all from one soldier,this eagle I have lost somwher later,becose I was sure that was fantasy
                maybe that one was a real deal,and now I start to think yes it was

Comment

Hello This might be the SS helpers insignia Gaspare was talking about. I've had it for at least 30 years. Not 100% sure these were real but i've never come across very many examples. Kirby
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The ss stuff posted looks like the same items you could buy mail order and at gun shows in the late 70's and mid 80's, so rather then call it late war I would call it late 70's

Comment

Nothing here posted bears any resemblance to the fakes made by Kurt Nesbitt, under the name Reisenhaft Enterprises. He used to silk screen copies of insignia nd sell them in Shotgun News, back in the early 1970s. He sold his remaining stock to Bob Riese, of Bob's Military Hobbys in Santa Monica, and to Delta International. He also make the fake volunteer collar tabs that are easily identifiable by the wrong black material and incorrect dull gray thread.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                          Nothing here posted bears any resemblance to the fakes made by Kurt Nesbitt, under the name Reisenhaft Enterprises. He used to silk screen copies of insignia nd sell them in Shotgun News, back in the early 1970s. He sold his remaining stock to Bob Riese, of Bob's Military Hobbys in Santa Monica, and to Delta International. He also make the fake volunteer collar tabs that are easily identifiable by the wrong black material and incorrect dull gray thread.

Bob Hritz

Ok, then somebody else did the silk screening; I think the older reproduction items get the more apt people are to think they may be real. As you well know SS items have been faked nonstop since the war ended. I don't believe at wars end the SS opened a silk screening factory and then produced such poor items, I am not trying to be rude, but that skull is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
                            Ok, then somebody else did the silk screening; I think the older reproduction items get the more apt people are to think they may be real. As you well know SS items have been faked nonstop since the war ended. I don't believe at wars end the SS opened a silk screening factory and then produced such poor items, I am not trying to be rude, but that skull is laughable.
                            Well, what about the Juden stars. They were all printed. Seems like the production methodology evolving from the same industry to me.
                            Peter

Comment

I must agree that the skull is certainly not aesthetically pleasing. However, there are worse, as i illustrate here.

Bob Hritz
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X