SS button; opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS button; opinions please

I would appreciate opinions on this button. Is it real and if so, what did it come from? I think someone has been at it with a black marker pen in places.The button is made from what i would call alloy or zinc and of multi piece construction its had alot of wear to the front.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by william15; 05-27-2008, 03:53 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks cast.....or I am mistaken???

Comment

Far from an original.

Comment

Looks like multipiece original to me??

Lasse

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse Kongo View Post
            Looks like multipiece original to me??

Lasse
            If multi-piece construction is the only criterion you have for determinng originality, you will buy a lot of fakes. The multi-piece construction is about all this fake has in its favor; there is plenty else wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
              If multi-piece construction is the only criterion you have for determinng originality, you will buy a lot of fakes. The multi-piece construction is about all this fake has in its favor; there is plenty else wrong with it.

I was not sure as I made the ??.

Not that your answer made me or anyone else wiser for that matter.

Maybee you can let us know excatly what is wrong with it as you seems to have the knowledge so we can educate our selfs.

Thanks

Lasse

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse Kongo View Post

I was not sure as I made the ??.

Not that your answer made me or anyone else wiser for that matter.

Maybee you can let us know excatly what is wrong with it as you seems to have the knowledge so we can educate our selfs.

Thanks

Lasse
                Well, I would disagree. Letting novice collectors know that they cannot tell an original from a reproduction simply by looking for multi-piece construction should make some wiser.

As for other specifics, they are too numerous to list in detail. I can say, simply, that the materials, style and placement of the markings, and finer details (such as the pebbling) are incorrect for this maker. There are ample photos of originals (and other fakes) already on this forum for comparison. The threads with those photos have much accompanying discussion. I will be happy to answer any specific questions, which those do not answer.

Comment

I just found this while looking for something else. SSDD.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=73145

Comment

Skull Button

Here is an original version 1194 with correct markings for comparison. The differences are obvious. Hope this helps.
                    Peter
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X