TK Cap Button Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TK Cap Button Opinions

I'm being offered this for just over $100. Should I buy it or run from it?
    Attached Files
    Terry Keller
    "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
    Rammstein

back
    Attached Files
    Terry Keller
    Rammstein

Comment

Cast repro!

Comment

Hi Sscollector,

I've seen the cast repros, and this ain't like any I've seen. In fact this is three seperate pieces.
        Yours,
        Terry Keller
        Rammstein

Comment

You are right, this one is much worse than most of the better castings
          that you will see.

Best, Chris

Comment

I would like to know where you are getting the casting attitude. This is made of steel and another metal. All the castings I've seen are all aluminium, and very crude, this is not. Anyone else want to chime in?
            Terry Keller
            Rammstein

Comment

The rear base looks 100% bogus to me. The actual structure of the skull?? Horrible. Actually I think the lower jaw is supposed to be missing in the SS-pattern Totenkopfs. All in all, it stinks; I don't trust it.
              Cheers,
              Jeremy

Comment

Looks good to me ! dont know where the casting idea comes from?
                And whats all this bottom jaw supposed to be missing? please try to
                read at least one reference book before making such dumb comments
                cheers, Martin

Comment

"Lower Jaw supposed to be missing"...
                  ????
                  This isn't a "first pattern" skull, this is the OS cap button. When you aren't sure of the what the face should be how can you even offer an opinion on what the back should be like?

To me, I can't see how if it was cast only part would rust. but I also have never seen a backing of ferrous metal either. On German Daggers Bob Hritz had a great thread going on these buttons. Perhaps a look there would enlighten us all a bit.
                  http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

What kind of knowledgabel opinion is that? Obviously you can disregard the opinion about the lower jaw!

This button looks like an aluminum outer cover wrapped around a metal disc (rusting) with a seperate shank. This would be correct. Cast pieces are all the same metal and they are usually cast from a m,etal that won't rust.
                    Jerry

Comment

In my opinion, this is a good TK button. As Jerry mentioned, it has an aluminum outside, steel base and zinc shank...perfectly legit. Here are two images taken from a dissertation presented by Bob Hritz a while ago on another forum.

Comment

The reverse...

Comment

And here is the same style on an SS overseas cap I own...

Comment

From what I know about cap buttons this one looks good to me! It seems to have the proper construction...
                            Chris, can you elaborate on why you think this is a cast fake or why you think this is a fake?
                            cheers
                            Bart

Comment

Looks fine to me. Correct multi piece construction. Certainly not a cast repro. There is another one currently for sale on the E Stand for $200.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X