SS Rank Tab Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
    there was a blank one with this one as well.
    As you realize I want to be really sure before I throw them away.
    Instead of throwing it into the trash throw it in the mail and send it to me

Cheers
    Lars

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
      Really? I've never seen velvet used on less than a Standartenfuhrer's tabs...
      There's a difference between true velvet and velveteen. Can't tell from the pics whether it's one or the other, but velveteen tabs existed for enlisted and officers. I've only ever seen a velveteen TK tab in person.

Alex

Comment

bringing this up again, just saw this sales thread, from what I can see the construction method is a perfect match, the backing seems the same, even the folding and thread that holds the silver string.

The only difference MIGHT be that my black cloth is a little ribbed, maybe Bobs too, but its hard to see on the pics.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=279480

Comment

Hi Guys
          I have been following this thread awhile and was wondering is the gerneral opinion on this tab to be an original period piece?Thanks Jay

Comment

here is one with the same type of black cloth.

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/cloth%20c300.htm
            C300. SS Officer's Collar Tab. Super looking SS Officer's Collar Tab. This is a textbook scarce later war style SS Officer's Collar Tab that has a fine aluminum embroidery that is machine done. This is the exact same style that Mike Beaver had in his collection when it was sold off to Bill Shea. My friend Bill Shea has an un-issued pair with this same type runic tab and blank rank tab that never had the pips added for sale on his site currently. This an outstanding piece that you will never have to worry about. See pictures...$ 750.00 (Pictures) SOLD pending payment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X