No announcement yet.

two SS M43's (from same source) real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember anymore from where I got this picture, but anyway it is the same subject

Cheers
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
      True the lining is sloppy, not tight... so perhaps late war factory made? (mass produced) so in a hurry...possibly by slave labor? Who knows?
      Regarding the bill colors, one appears to be stained and both look close, just a clean and a dirty example I think...
      Perhaps somebody can post a Dachau pattern SS M43 for comparison?

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant the bill material. I have seen many "dachau" SS caps. But never seen an underside like on the examples posted here. If the cap's covered with some kind of cloth or is the material itself in that shape?? Hard to tell from the pictures provided.

In any case the bill is totally wrong for me. If you have an well worn example of any m-43 feild caps at home. Just use your hands and feel how the bill is constructed. It can be cracked, miss shaped, broken. But nothing like the caps posted here. They just dont "age" that way. (IMO)

Ian Hulley also has a good point. After looking closely to the trap, I have to agree with him. I dont like it either.

And to this the lining is very sloppy applied on both examples. Nothing I ever seen before. And now on 2 close to identical caps. I dont think so...

Best regards!

Comment

Underneath the bill is exposed cardboard as the originals have (not saying these are but the last lining photo by Barzini is from an original)..Here is the original factory sewn trap on that one.

In photo #6 you can see wear to the underneath of the center of the cardboard visor (from your hand taking it off) yet that hat looks like it was never worn.

Glenn
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 03-15-2008, 04:13 PM.
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

here is a shot of another one
          Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

this has a woven trap
            Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
              Underneath the bill is exposed cardboard as the originals have (not saying these are but the last lining photo by Barzini is from an original)..Here is the original factory sewn trap on that one.

In photo #6 you can see wear to the underneath of the center of the cardboard visor (from your hand taking it off) yet that hat looks like it was never worn.

Glenn
              Now THAT is the 'Dachau' trap I would look for.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                Now THAT is the 'Dachau' trap I would look for.

Ian.
                Me too

Comment

I've been PM'd by a fellow WAF member who recognized these items from the seller (dealer) in Hungary and he informed me that many of his items are high end (well made) fakes, made to deceive...(he may not know it?) So with that said (based on his reputation and goods) the 2 M43's that started this thread are most likely no good...
                  Last edited by NickG; 03-16-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Very nice examples posted by mr.Barzini, Gary Wood and Glenn McInnes.
                    Thanks for posting

I think its quite obvious when comparing to the two caps in the start of this thread..

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                      I've been PM'd by a fellow WAF member who recognized these items from the seller (dealer) in Hungary and he informed me that most of his items are high end (well made) fakes, made to deceive...So with that said (based on his reputation and goods) the 2 M43's that started this thread are most likely no good...

Yes I agree.It looks that way based on the photos.

Glenn
                      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X